Washington Hamfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Is anyone going to the Washington Hamfest. If so I would like to meet up with at it.

I am looking for info on any 2m repeater from Potosi, MO to Washington, MO area. I have the repeater info for Washington. But do not it for the St Clair, MO and Cuba, Steeleville.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I guess I was the only one that went to the Washington, MO Hamfest. I picked up some good stuff. I did not pass the Extra Exam that I went to take. I wish that thank all who responded to inquiry.

jas0nr7272

Yeah i missed that one as well. I am planning on attending the St charles one:

St. Charles Amateur Radio Club
HAMFEST 2006

Sunday August 20, 2006
American Legion Post 312

2500 Raymond Drive St Charles MO

6:00 am to 1:00 pm

K0AZV

KC0STG said:
Is anyone going to the Washington Hamfest. If so I would like to meet up with at it.

I am looking for info on any 2m repeater from Potosi, MO to Washington, MO area. I have the repeater info for Washington. But do not it for the St Clair, MO and Cuba, Steeleville.

David, most of that info should be on the missouri repeater council's website at www.missourirepeater.org. Although this is after the fact the 145.150 and the 146.805 out of Sullivan would have fit your needs.

Max...

k8mcn

jas0nr7272 said:
Yeah i missed that one as well. I am planning on attending the St charles one:

St. Charles Amateur Radio Club
HAMFEST 2006

Sunday August 20, 2006
American Legion Post 312

2500 Raymond Drive St Charles MO

6:00 am to 1:00 pm

Will be in St Charles that weekend--is the hamfest a good one??
Will also be moving to the area next spring, so hope there is a lot of Ham and scanner activity!

K0AZV

K81478 said:
Will be in St Charles that weekend--is the hamfest a good one??
Will also be moving to the area next spring, so hope there is a lot of Ham and scanner activity!

The St. Charles Hamfest is okay but not that exceptionally amazing. If you are going to be new to the area here is a quick run down of the fests in the MO/IL greater St. Louis area.

Aug - St. Charles County ARC Hamfest - St. Charles MO
Oct - St. Louis Amateur Radio Club's Halloween Hamfest - Kirkwood MO
Jan - St. Louis and Suburban Radio Club's Winterfest - Collinsville IL
Apr - Lewis & Clark ARC Hamfest - Alton IL
Jun - Egyptian ARC Hamfest - Granite City(?) IL
Jul - Zero Beater's ARC Washington Hamfest - Washington MO

There are a couple of other small swapfests like the Jefferson County ARC's one in May. The St. Louis QRP Society just held a tailgate sale this past week at Florrisant Valley Community College.

Max...

jas0nr7272

Yeah I tend to agree. The St Charles one is okay at best. I tend to think Winterfest is the largest in the metro area. That is held every January. As far as st louis scanner activity I feel St Louis is one of the easier metropolitan areas to monitor due to the lack of larger trunking networks found in similar major metropolitan areas. Most of the area’s Fire, Ems, and Police use conventional communications

shaft

How does the Winterfest compare to Daytons hamvention?

I havent been to any of the events around here (STL) but I have been to Hamvention a few times.

K0AZV

shaft said:
How does the Winterfest compare to Daytons hamvention?

I havent been to any of the events around here (STL) but I have been to Hamvention a few times.

Well when you consider what Dayton IS to the ham community at large, Winterfest is very small in comparison. We had a lot larger event this past year and hopefully that will continue. It is no where near Dayton in size but for the midwest, in January, it is fairly decent.

Remember, St. Charles County Hamfest is on Sunday and the Central Missouri Hamfest is on Saturday.

Max...

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Washington Hamfest time again

Its time for the Washington Hamfest again.

I plan on being there. I will also have 146.520 if anyone wants hook up there.

Look forward to meeting some of the Radio Reference Members there.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.