Washtenaw County - Professional installers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8JUV

I would like to get an NMO mount professionally installed on my vehicle. After searching through the our state´s discussion forum the only company I was able to locate is: Canfield Equipment . Are there installers in Washtenaw or eastern Jackson Counties that do civilian installations?

Thank you,
Greg/KD8JUV

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I would like to get an NMO mount professionally installed on my vehicle. After searching through the our state´s discussion forum the only company I was able to locate is: Canfield Equipment . Are there installers in Washtenaw or eastern Jackson Counties that do civilian installations?

Thank you,
Greg/KD8JUV

Hi Greg
Have you though about doing it yourself? I was going to go the same route but couldn't find anyone in the area so I bought the drill and installed it myself in my 2003 f-150..If you are interested you can borrow my whole saw I am not far from you..

SCPD

QRT
Do it yourself

Hi Greg
Have you though about doing it yourself? I was going to go the same route but couldn't find anyone in the area so I bought the drill and installed it myself in my 2003 f-150..If you are interested you can borrow my whole saw I am not far from you..

Like N8DRC says, take a try at it. I use a 3/4" greenlee hole punch to make my holes. Where do you want to put the antenna? It' really not that hard of a job. A shop is going to charge you more that 100 bucks just for the labor. The most important thing to remember is that you feed all the coax thru the hole from the outside. You can't get the mount up from the inside.

KD8JUV

I have thought about doing it myself, but am a bit leery about drilling holes in my new-to-me vehicle.

Not sure about hole placement and was hoping that a professional installer would know the best place to put it in.

Have either of you had issues with leakage, paint defects, RFI or the like?

goodcaset

Premium Subscriber
Professional Installer in Ann Arbor

Get a quote on the work from Washtenaw Communications (734-662-7138 or washcom@sbcglobal.net). They have done work for me in the past and I was always satisfied with the outcome.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I have thought about doing it myself, but am a bit leery about drilling holes in my new-to-me vehicle.

Not sure about hole placement and was hoping that a professional installer would know the best place to put it in.

I have had no problems at all with my install, I use a 3/4" nmo mount for my pro-197 scanner, I installed it right above my dome light with no issues..You are more than welcome to check it out for your self..

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber

The only thing you need to be concerned with when drilling is the head liner. Put something in between your liner and roof and then drill the hole. Once the hole is drilled, take some sandpaper and use that on about 1/4 of an inch around the hole and then you can put your mount in there and screw on the antenna. It really really is simple to do. There are a few of us that are near you that can help you out. It's always nice to have someone there with you that has done it before to make you feel better!!

Help is here if you need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.