Washtenaw TRS Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltonAsus

Radio traffic today is coming across very sketchy with dispatchers and individual radios having a very difficult time communicating. Anyone know the back story?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
This system is having some very serious issues lately. Something is causing interference with the radio system, but more importantly, there are three channels that are you of synch with the transmitter sites. They are:

When frequencies are out of sync, this causes a significant "phasing" problem between each tower. As a result, the radio transmissions sound garbled, which can result in the dispatcher and units in the field misunderstanding certain messages. Hopefully, the radio techs can fix this problem before it becomes worse.

73s

Ron

Last edited:

FPOWLD

Washtenaw County TRS

According to RR Database, 851.1875, 851.2625 and 852.2625 are Alternate frequencies.
854.0875, 854.1875, 855.0875 and 855.1875 are the primary frequencies.

I hear Ypsi City and Ypsi Twp F.D. on these primary 800 frequencies. HVA tones out YTFD and then voice message. I only hear the tone for Ypis F.D. but no voice message. Then I listen to their conversations on the 800 frequencies. Have not noticied any big problem.
Don't listen to P.D. to often.

Of course I am 20-30 miles away.

fireresq2825

This system is having some very serious issues lately. Something is causing interference with the radio system, but more importantly, there are three channels that are you of synch with the transmitter sites. They are:

When frequencies are out of sync, this causes a significant "phasing" problem between each tower. As a result, the radio transmissions sound garbled, which can result in the dispatcher and units in the field misunderstanding certain messages. Hopefully, the radio techs can fix this problem before it becomes worse.

73s

Ron

That is very timely information Ron, I've just started trying to narrow it down & confirm to specific channels. The issue is currently being looked at and there is more than one problem in play right now. It's been discussed in the Simulcast project meeting yesterday.

Dan

Thunderbolt

That is very timely information Ron, I've just started trying to narrow it down & confirm to specific channels. The issue is currently being looked at and there is more than one problem in play right now. It's been discussed in the Simulcast project meeting yesterday.

Dan

Last night, 854.0875 was out of phase, but not to the point the other aforementioned frequency pairs are. By far 851.2625 is the worst offender.

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

I see that 855.0875 MHz, is starting to develop some rather interesting static issues. Likewise, the frequency is staying keyed up for 15-20 seconds on a few occasions. Hopefully, the system will make it until the new MPSCS simulcast system comes online in a few months.

73s

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.