Waste of $500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
First, I would make sure you updated your database. (Things/Freqs could have changed)

Second, make sure you are selecting the appropriate services you want to listen to.
(But remember to many services and you may just be missing action due to a list that's to long)

Then check these things:

Look at the Attenuation Display on the top line, Does it have a RED Dot next to it?, if it does, press the Atten and turn it off.

Press Range, press the + button to display Range 30.0 miles(Or whatever would work)

And don't let it get you frustrated, most times it's something simple.

sjlamb

Definitely make sure you have updated your HomePatrol database to the latest version:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/199112-updating-your-homepatrol-latest-version.html

All of the information in the database is up to date and fairly complete for your area.

Do as the others have suggested and it will come alive. The Charlotte County Public Safety Radio System went thru the rebanding process just about (2) months ago so, the system frequencies have changed. The frequencies in the RR database are current and accurate.

nfd24norf

Message for blantonl

First I really apologize for using this forum but am unable to send blantonl an email or pvt message for some reason and this is the last post I see he wrote on. Anyhow, 2 days ago I sent a trouble report on DCFD that the audio was breaking out and very garbled, and wanted to let blantonl know I really, really appreciate him getting it fixed. He is listed as the feed provider. I know it takes a of time and $$$, so the least I can do is take a second to say thank you. Less than 48 hours after I sent the trouble report it is fixed and sounding GREAT!! Can't beat that!!!! Again, sorry to use this forum and if someone is able to forward this to blantonl it would be even better as I am unable to send him a direct message. Thanks again for getting the DCFD feed sounding perfect again. I have been listening all a.m. with not even a hint of garble. :>)) THANKS BTW I am on the job in Newark, NJ and brother on DCFD Tower 3.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I used the zip code in the OP and add to range to create a favorite and got zero, Set range at 30 miles, still zero. I did not try it via lat and lon.

There is a data for that county.

Anyone else care to try?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sure, Range set to 10 miles, all services selected and I get 1164 channels.

Using 30 miles, I get 1393 channels.

This is using zip 33952 and the full database.

Are you sure you haven't selected a favourites list instead of using the full database?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Sure, Range set to 10 miles, all services selected and I get 1164 channels.

Using 30 miles, I get 1393 channels.

This is using zip 33952 and the full database.

Are you sure you haven't selected a favourites list instead of using the full database?

- Did not know you could add from range except from the full DB, anyway, I had nothing selected to monitor in the Sentinel Profile. Thought I had done it with it set this way before, but who knows.

I still did not see Port Charlotte not knowing the geography - I might be over looking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.