Watch emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafo818

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this has been suggested before, or perhaps this feature already exists but I don't see it, but would it be possible for any changes to our watch list be emailed to us? I usually see the watch list with what's changed highlighted, go into that system and then the changes are highlighted, but it only works if it's within 7 days. If each change is emailed, that would help out a lot!

hoser147

That would be a great idea, some of these statewide systems its easy to miss something if one doesnt hit the database while its highlighted.................hoser

CLTX11

I think that would be a great idea. It is easy to miss changes, what I usually do is go to the area in the DB I monitor etc... and click on history. It will tell you what has been changed or added.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
bezking said:
this has been asked before, please use the search function
Are you saying tho search that part of the forum for changes in the last x days? That'll work but I thought the "watch" function was supposed to notify you when areas of interest to you had a change.

bezking

Hah. :lol:

Sorry about the confusion, bwhite. What I was trying to say was to use the search function to find previous answers to the question.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
n problem bez,
I think what the posters (including myself) would like is a notification when something changes in databases we have an interest in.
I don't go to the db's on any regular basis looking, I would visit if I knew there was a change.
I actually thought the "watch" function was supposed to do that but I was either incorrect or the feature is non-functional.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
bwhite said:
n problem bez,
I think what the posters (including myself) would like is a notification when something changes in databases we have an interest in.
I don't go to the db's on any regular basis looking, I would visit if I knew there was a change.
I actually thought the "watch" function was supposed to do that but I was either incorrect or the feature is non-functional.
I think 'watch' emails were listed as a possible for the new (now current) database last time I checked the specifications link. Not implemented, but not ruled out.

However, since we can now watch individual agencies, & have them listed on the initial 'home page', that serves the same purpose for me. I've added several statewide agencies/categories that otherwise would not have shown up unless I dug into the database page to see what had changed other than specific counties or trunked systems.

jafo818

Premium Subscriber
hiegtx said:
I think 'watch' emails were listed as a possible for the new (now current) database last time I checked the specifications link. Not implemented, but not ruled out.

However, since we can now watch individual agencies, & have them listed on the initial 'home page', that serves the same purpose for me. I've added several statewide agencies/categories that otherwise would not have shown up unless I dug into the database page to see what had changed other than specific counties or trunked systems.

Hopefully it is implemented. I realize they are encouraging visiting this website as often as possible, but if I'm not able to or forget, it would be nice to know what was changed. Someone suggested the "history" has the information, but if you think "Added talkgroup" is useful to me, it just isn't. Not without knowing which talkgroup was added. Yeah I know I can see it highlighted if I come to the database within 7 days, but if not I've lost the information. No way to lose an email...

Status
Not open for further replies.