Water spill on the 100, took it like a champ !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Did something extremely stupid the other night.
With sudden cold weather I finally closed my highly inaccessible bedroom window for the year, which led to a buildup up stuffy heat that I am not used to yet. To compensate, I use a humidifier, which hasn't been plugged in for half a year.
So I filled up the humidifier tank with filtered water, set it on it base, plugged it in and nothing. I was like dam, whats up with this thing, it worked last March ? So I'm in my dark room at 2 in the morning with a headlight flashlight on making sure its plugged in right ect then it happened - I lifted the tank off its base. You can't do that, because then there is nothing to contain the water. The right way would have been unplug it, take it to the bathroom, turn it over over the sink, then you could get by with just a little spill with the majority of h2o remaining in the tank - As it was, it was Niagara Falls !

But no, I spilt it right there in my room, and the SDS was right underneath it, keys up. Had a sick feeling but I was still fumbling around with the tank, so all I did was simply turn the 100 over and set it to the side to drain [luckily no it was not on or plugged in] Actually forgot about it for a couple days then it came to mind, I figured Ok, lets see if she fires up after that soaking.

Seems to be running fine with no problems, thank god I would have missed that little sucker. [BTW, humidifier wouldn't work at first because of a buildup of misc gunk that accumulated over the last half year, I gave it a good hot water, soapy tooth brushing and it works better than ever] IMG_5825.jpg

Reconrider

Seems like the moral of the story is to never close the window lol.

Mines currently wide open as I type this with this nice 30 degree weather.

Xray

Seems like the moral of the story is to never close the window lol.

Mines currently wide open as I type this with this nice 30 degree weather.

Thats about what it got down to when I closed it, windy too and I knew it was time ,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.