Waterbury Fire dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid1

Is the info in the RR database still correct?
Trying whats there and not hearing anything.
Shows last updated in 2009 so thought I would ask.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Looks correct, Multinet Trunked system with a VHF crosspatch that is shut off.

chris

cableguy1959

Premium Subscriber
wtby fire``

freqs are right you will here all police fire streettrash ect....,,,put both input and output plus itac

Placid1

freqs are right you will here all police fire streettrash ect....,,,put both input and output plus itac

No idea how to tell what freq's are the input/output/itac.I put all the freq's listed in thou so I guess I got it covered.

I put in the freq's listed in as a conventional system in my bcd996xt and I now do get traffic on the freq's in the database. One of the freq's (851.18750) will just produce a open mic type broadcast with no voice. I just locked that one out.

Importing from the database however as a Ltr system using freescan I didnt get anything.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Multinet is not trunktrackable by today's scanners. That is to say, you cannot follow a single conversation as it hops from channel to channel unless they are the only traffic. I wouldn't bother to put the inputs in as you will not hear them in Torrington. Put in the 851-854 channels as you did in conventional mode. Since you are using the 996XT, you can take advantage of the temp lockout for the control channel unless it doesn't rotate.
There are also (3) 854.xxxx fireground channels that are repeated by vehicle repeaters on Ladder trucks.
Rebanded ITAC/ICALL (85x.x125 freqs) may be used seldomly but won't hurt to have them.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.