Waterbury P.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka1cu

Good evening
I stopped receiving WPD on my PSR500 about a week ago I tried reprograming with the Win500 program and radioreference.But still no luck.
Is there something that has changed?

Thanks Mike

WoodburyMan

Their control channel sometimes flops around to other frequencies, it's done so twice in the last two years or so.

Also Welcome neighbor!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Does Waterbury use a Harris system? If so I'll fix the CC issue in the DB.

jercov

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed a breakdown in clarity of the Waterbury system over the last week (since we had a heavy rain late last week?). Transmissions cut off or not even being received? I will miss entire fire and medical dispatches and sometimes even hear units after being on scene for ten minutes and sometimes that is garbled. Even the archive feed is broken up so I don’t think it is just me. Thoughts?

APX7500X2

Audio has always been poor some of the Female dispatchers are horrible to listen to
They run the head sets to hot, The Johnson consoles are known for that, It would take no time at all to back off a little on the head set gain to make the units and dispatchers all sound about the same...BUT you have to have a good radio company or someone who cares enough to get it done. Sad

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
They run the head sets to hot, The Johnson consoles are known for that, It would take no time at all to back off a little on the head set gain to make the units and dispatchers all sound about the same...BUT you have to have a good radio company or someone who cares enough to get it done. Sad
they arent using EF Johnson consoles

jercov

Premium Subscriber
I live in Waterbury and live about the equivalent of five floors above ground and miss half the calls. It almost sounds like a repeater is down. As far as the dispatchers, I don't know what to say. Some I cannot understand at all.

APX7500X2

Well EF Johnson consoles are garbage for starters.
They use Motorola
Well if they are using the MCC7500s that they use for everything else up there then someone on the radio company side really dropped the ball on getting the audio correct...Very poor work there

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I live in Waterbury and live about the equivalent of five floors above ground and miss half the calls. It almost sounds like a repeater is down. As far as the dispatchers, I don't know what to say. Some I cannot understand at all.
i notice that to about the calls dropping or missing the beginning of the dispatch and I have an exterior antenna

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Im about 15 miles away and get them fine, crappy audio but I don't miss anything

WoodburyMan

I can pick them up just fine in Woodbury. Matter of correct filter, antenna in the right direction, and programming just the Control Channel in really.

Status
Not open for further replies.