Waterbury Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodburyMan

Lot of activity going on for the protest going on in Waterbury now.

Waterbury very active, along with CLMRN Troop A. A also called in backup from Troop I.

Protestors shut down 84 East and West around Exit 21. Blocking the highway and moving construction barrels to block the highway. Simular to Route 8 in Bridgeport yesterday.

WoodburyMan

Yeah, they're all done now in Waterbury.

Moving on to New Haven.
Still up in the air. They got them off the Highway and 84 is open back up, but they're still running around the streets right now and WPD is calling in off duty and backup.

Also, UConn Waterbury has their own TG on both Waterbury and CLMRN. However I never see the CLMRN TG active. It's in use now on Waterbury system but nothing on CLMRN. You think they'd bridge them or something given Waterbury already has a link to CLMRN for Fire units to facilitate newer consoles.

WoodburyMan

How many people have been hit so far? They deserve it at this point for stopping the highway
I'm keeping politics and such out of this. Keeping it to just safety so this thread doesn't get locked.

However, no injuries so far. Some protests got on top of a few box trucks and TT's, but that's it. Cars pulled over to the side and they just walked by. They moved construction cones that were there to block to the highway ahead of people too.

WoodburyMan

Troop I and Troop G Talk Group are patched together right now as well.

People on highway on I-95 in Norwalk as well right now.

Reconrider

I didn't have my scanner today at work. Now that I'm home, I'm able to listen again. WHere are they currently

Reconrider

I'm keeping politics and such out of this. Keeping it to just safety so this thread doesn't get locked.

However, no injuries so far. Some protests got on top of a few box trucks and TT's, but that's it. Cars pulled over to the side and they just walked by. They moved construction cones that were there to block to the highway ahead of people too.
That's crazy. Are the police allowing them to do whatever until they're done with it and move on?

WoodburyMan

That's crazy. Are the police allowing them to do whatever until they're done with it and move on?
Update on the situation: They dispersed the groups off the highway back to the streets and green. However, one large group headed on West Main towards the Onramp at West Main / Watertown Ave area. Unsure if they stopped it, but they didnt block traffic yet. Than, a bit later the group started to move towards WPD HQ. Police set up blockades on the streets to contain he crowd to an area. By 4pm they were using PA's to tell everyone to disperce or be arrested, and most of the crowd has moved on, although some groups of 25-50 are still walking around they're keeping eyes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.