Waterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Is Waterbury Getting ready to move over to a new system am monitoring the system and I see eight digit numbers and sometimes four digit numbers 151 is there a town code Has anybody in Waterbury area noticed that

cg

Premium Subscriber
Seeing numbers really doesn't mean anything unless you put them into context. You are seeing new talkgroups? Different RIDs? New frequencies? Examples?

chris

WoodburyMan

Some fire units and police units are getting 151xxxx tax id codes. Mostly fire units, for interop purposes, but I do see the occasional police or town unit.

It's been like that for more than half a year, maybe a year. I dont think theyll be merging into CLMRN any time soon. I think just new radios are being assign 151xxxx's as they go to to align with the standard. They're also partially patched to CLMRN as well currently with a link to A Simulcast. So they have the ability to patch to CLMRN talk groups if needed now. Might be why they're doing that.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Some fire units and police units are getting 151xxxx tax id codes. Mostly fire units, for interop purposes, but I do see the occasional police or town unit.

It's been like that for more than half a year, maybe a year. I dont think theyll be merging into CLMRN any time soon. I think just new radios are being assign 151xxxx's as they go to to align with the standard. They're also partially patched to CLMRN as well currently with a link to A Simulcast. So they have the ability to patch to CLMRN talk groups if needed now. Might be why they're doing that.
It isnt patched but there is an ISSI in place so that they can roam onto the state system when they are out of range of the city, at least what ive been told

Status
Not open for further replies.