Waterford Fire TGIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcorriveau

I've been scanning for a while. I have Bearcat 396XT portable scanner. WFD used to dispatch TGID 201. It seems like TGID 201 is still used for portale radios talking TO dispatch, but rarely for dispatch talking OUT. I've collected about a dozen other TGIDs, such as 2534, 2506, 2590, 2597 etc. They seem to be almost random. At first I thought it may have something to do with the station alerting system, or paging system, but that doesn't seem to be lining up. TONES for paging still go out on 201 but the actual dispatch notification goes out on these other channels, and they also seem to continue to broadcast on these channels for a significant duration of the call. I'm attempting to log them all, though reallistically I may just add anything that starts off with "25xx" into my scanner. I keep it on ID search for now because I never hear my dispatcher, but the down side is I get all the public works and parks and rec etc.

Anyone know how/why these channels are used and if it's documented anywhere which ones mean which?

Thanks!

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yeah they’re like New Britain all screwed up New Britain has the same issue at random times there fire Tons will show up and new IDs

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396t as well and it will not receive waterford very well at all but my RS106 works great .

MFCJR

If they are like New Britain it will patch to random TG's at times.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Do you know on land mobile radio network system Wallingford does the same thing for the fire department and police I must have leaks 60 hits for Wallingford talkgroups

Reconrider

Do you know on land mobile radio network system Wallingford does the same thing for the fire department and police I must have leaks 60 hits for Wallingford talkgroups
Wallingford tower lets clmrn users 'roam' if they are in an area with no reception.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I recall hearing something about Waterford's various fire groups being active depending on who is assigned. Perhaps there is a group for each apparatus and the computer sends lights, alerts, voice etc to each station based on that.
If you program all of the towns groups in the radio and then lockout or shut off a quick key assigned to the unwanted groups, you can use the ID Search option.

Wallingford and New Britain are not part of Waterford who is not a CLMRN town and probably be discussed on their own threads.

chris

MFCJR

I compared it to New Britain because they patched to different TG's even before they went on CLMRN. It's a possibility that Waterford does the same.

coolrich55

That's funny because I recently noticed the same thing. I thought it was something wrong with my scanner. Since the beginning everything was on 201. But now these new IDs are being used. None in the DB.

coolrich55

Another recent change, which is probably related, is when they dispatch a medical call the dispatcher will say " station w to Waterford ems, respond to .... No mention of which station anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.