Waterford P25 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledscan89

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else successfully monitoring the Waterford/NL P25 system using a 996xt? If so, how do you have it programmed, as a P25 Standard, or MOT Type II/P25? I seem to never have luck hearing the system consistently and miss transmissions. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

sefrischling

I am monitoring it right this very moment on a 396xt (same as the 996xt) for fire and 436hp for police ... let me pull up how I have it programmed in a moment.

brian943

Up on a hill in East Haddam I get them rarely. I do notice a discrepancy with your (6 vs 7) system frequencies and those here in the DB. I am testing your config presently, nothing so far.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Up on a hill in East Haddam I get them rarely. I do notice a discrepancy with your (6 vs 7) system frequencies and those here in the DB. I am testing your config presently, nothing so far.

Yes I see that now. Thank you for pointing that out. I haven't updated the system in a while. I don't often monitor it. Looks like a couple of freqs I have in my system are no longer used and there is a new one or 2 added. Guess they use the same control channel most of the time which is why I haven't noticed any changes with the operation of the system (P25 system just needs the CC). I did monitor the system during the recent sailfest and noticed a few new talkgroups for command post and the like.
Bob

I just downloaded the system using freescan. What I found is the system "site type" comes in as " Mot Type II/P25 .
I had to set the system type to "P25 Standard (Digital XT) for it to work if I recall. Maybe this is why people cannot get it to work. No bandplan required because it is a true P25 system.
Bob

Looks like the freqs are correct on RR-
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQKC448

OK I edited my system with the updated freqs
Here is the updated system:

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.