Waterford P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian943

Can someone confirm settings for this system? This would be for Freescan programming....system type, site type, if a band plan needs to be input. Can receive comms set as.....

P25 standard (digital XT) - P25 standard (Digital XT) and
Mot type 2 / P25 - Mot P25/P25 Standard

but neither real well and not nearly as much as the live feed. Thanx

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Can someone confirm settings for this system? This would be for Freescan programming....system type, site type, if a band plan needs to be input. Can receive comms set as.....

P25 standard (digital XT) - P25 standard (Digital XT) and
Mot type 2 / P25 - Mot P25/P25 Standard

but neither real well and not nearly as much as the live feed. Thanx

The Waterford system is a P25 standard system. The reason that you don't hear it with good quality is because it is a simulcast system. Since there are 6 sites broadcasting simultaniously with CQPSK modulation the scanner has trouble decoding the signal. You should not need to enter a custom band plan for P25 systems.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The Waterford / New London system does not require a custom band plan. I have it in three scanners, along with Harris and Motorola Portables, they all work about the same. Out in Moodus you're really past where the system reliably works. There are places in Wtfd where I don't always get it, and some dead spots even within New London.

Keep in mind that fairly often when WFD is toned out you'll get tones and no voice, same with the Moto and Harris radios. You'll get the tones and voice always on 33.94. There is an oddity in how the dispatch works , where lowband always gets tones + voice and at times 800 gets tones and no voice.

I often have my Wtfd portable on me when toned out and only get the actual dispatch on my low band Motorola Minitor pager.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden x36 series products got a firmware update last week that helps with simulcast systems.

Other than that - you would need to use a directional antenna pointed to the closest tower for the best possible result for that system.

The GRE or Whistler scanners I hear do a better job, but I'm hearing Uniden's update does pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.