Waterloo fire rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihearsirens

While listening to live feed of fire/amb of Waterloo region, I heard fire dispatch call out test for station 1,2 etc but that was all that was said. if anyone could enlighten me if it's a new radio system or what please keep in mind I only have live feed so not a lot of info, (thanks to all who host live feeds by the way). Hope this is not stupid question, did try to google first.

crossfire291

Were there any tones that went out to the stations? You know, like the warble tone when being dispatched to a call. If you did, then they were just testing the system.

If not, let us know what you heard, to the best of your recollection.

Ihearsirens

What I heard was nothing after the dispatcher said test for station 1 and ,I expected to hear warble tones. That's what lead me to wonder if it was new system where they would not use those warble tones. I hope they still do use them as its great to know when FD is dispatching

crossfire291

What I heard was nothing after the dispatcher said test for station 1 and ,I expected to hear warble tones. That's what lead me to wonder if it was new system where they would not use those warble tones. I hope they still do use them as its great to know when FD is dispatching

I suppose there is the possibility of a radio test being done. I'm not sure of the region is going with a new system. Last I knew, they were testing new tone for the county FD's.

scorpido

They could have been testing the simplex relay. The relay is on the trucks and is usually only used when there is coverage issues from the towers and the firefighters need to relay the signal through the truck. It is a secure encrypted channel so you would have not heard anything after the initial call.

Status
Not open for further replies.