Waterloo PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexx2

Hello

I'm also in the Waterloo Ontario area and I am trying to determine the validity of those EDACS numbered frequencies. I see the date on the last update was 4 years ago. Do you know if the info on that page is correct?

I'm new to trunktracking, although I do stream conventional frequencies from the Waterloo Airport from www.ykf.ca over the internet.

I wanted to add the Airport Operations trunked frequency (00-112) and add it to the other frequencies, but I'm not sure if this is possible. I've waded through a terribly written BC898T manual with only a bit of success. As soon as I try to include scanning of two banks, I start to lose a significant portion on the begining of the conventional frequency transmissions. (Unacceptable)

Any help in streamlining the capture of a single frequency from a trunked EDACS system will be appeciated.

Thanks

mciupa

lexx2 said:
Hello
Any help in streamlining the capture of a single frequency from a trunked EDACS system will be appeciated.

It's not a single frequency , rather it is a single talkgroup you are after. (00-112 , as you have stated must be in a Scan List )
All EDACS freq's in proper LCN order must be programmed to trunktrack correctly.

lexx2

mciupa said:
It's not a single frequency , rather it is a single talkgroup you are after. (00-112 , as you have stated must be in a Scan List )
All EDACS freq's in proper LCN order must be programmed to trunktrack correctly.

Ok thanks, I think I'm starting to understand some of this now. I do have all the EDACS frequencies in the correct order, and when I press the "trunk" button and the "SRC" search button for the bank I've chosen for all this, I do hear everything very clearly, police, fire, bus breakdowns, the whole thing. I did hear and see the single talkgroup (00-112) that I'm after flash on the scanner mometarily, so I'm actually past this initial bit.

Now the next thing you mentioned was a list for this single talkgroup. I do have the ARC898T software, and I can create a list for this same bank I'm using, and I have entered 00-112.

So the big question is, how do I combine the scanning of one bank of conventional frequencies and add to that scan this single talkgoup in the list from another bank?

Is it possible?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.