Waterloo Region PD Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR45

I standby my post made in Sept. At that time I stated that the Waterloo Region Public Radio System was undergoing a major upgrade and suggested that the Police would be encrypted.

I received a number of patronizing comment on this..
Also someone posted last week that the upgrade was over. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

They started digital testing on Tuesday. If you listen in the conventional mode you will hear the digial testing on LCN 1-5.

Yes the sky is falling in and the police and media will have to work out a new agreement etc HA HA
That last statement is in response to some of the silly post that followed my Sept post.

I do admit my time frame was incorrect. This system was to be up and running in Sept but delays do happen.

If I can go by the testing we are getting very close to full implementation of the system.including encrytion of the police..
Sorry about that gang but this is the real world. Woodstock encrypted a few week ago and Guelph went that route last Monday.

The big question now is will fire be encrypted.? I do not know the answer to that one.and won t even take a guess or I will get silly.

This will be my last post on the subject as I did not appreciate the silly responses to my Sept. post.

That being said I want to thank the two people who responded at that time will intelligent and informative informaton

Happy Listening and oh yes the OPP can t wait to go full encrytion. Lets hope the Ontario Government keeps the $ situation real tight so we can listen a little while longer

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
There has always been AEGIS encrypted talkgroups on the Edacs system since its inception back in the mid 1990's and I don't doubt that there will be Provoice with encryption some time down the road with system upgrades if there already isn't.

What I don't understand is how you would come to the conclusion that the sky is falling and that the Police are switching to FULL TIME ENCRYPTION just because you hear some digital noise while scanning the system conventionally?

If you have some inside information then spill the beans and name your source. Or maybe try running some sort of Trunker software to confirm that there is Provoice with Encryption being used on the system and post a few screen shots for us to see.

If we had a nickel for everytime somebody came along here to tell us the sky is falling we would all have nice new scanners. :) And with only 8 posts under your belt I can't help but wonder if your just here to ruffle a few feathers.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just because it's digital doesn't necessarily mean encrypted. With GE/Harris/Macom/InsertNameHere digital there is really no way to tell without a real radio. Now, that being said... If they are going to all this trouble to upgrade then chances are it will be, but hey there is something to be said for wishful thinking right?

bent6969

If you have some inside information then spill the beans and name your source. Or maybe try running some sort of Trunker software to confirm that there is Provoice with Encryption being used on the system and post a few screen shots for us to see.

If we had a nickel for everytime somebody came along here to tell us the sky is falling we would all have nice new scanners. :) And with only 8 posts under your belt I can't help but wonder if your just here to ruffle a few feathers.

I'm with VE3NSV on this one - if there's some concrete info to be had, then do provide details (and backup with some proof or examples of reasoning). Don't just troll around...

69stiles

Maybe this guy works for Uniden & this is a new marketing ploy. Anyway, sorry your feelings were hurt, & btw...there's no new system coming to Waterloo Region..

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
How would it be a marketing ploy?

Telling people they're switching to digital and encrypted would HURT scanner sales, if anything.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Just call KWRP and ask them what they are doing

Maybe you'll get lucky and they will tell you:)
Worked for me once haha

Status
Not open for further replies.