Waterloo Region radio pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

The MCS is the current FleetNet radio as we all know. The APX well PSRN as we also know. What Is interesting is that they did not put FleetNet into the APX and on changeover day just have the op change channels. Not quite a flip of the switch changeover.

bluwest

Premium Subscriber
There is a speaker mic on a clip at the back of the console which is attached to the APX mobile radio. Just can't see the cord from the picture.

ATCTech

HAHA! That's word for word what I was thinking when I posted that. I figured it was the latest in online ordering tech.

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
I thought I saw a list on the regional council meeting PDF somewhere where it listed the agencies that will be on the region's P25 system and EMS was included on that list.

Update: found the PDF from the region agenda from Friday, June 14, 2019.

Page 54 of this document - https://calendar.regionofwaterloo.c...ommittee/4db435c3-9a09-4010-9ee1-aa6c0108581d

Waterloo Regional Voice Radio User Groups The main member agencies using the Voice Radio System are (in alphabetical order):
• Cambridge By-Law;
• Cambridge Fire Department;
• Cambridge Public Works;
• Grand River Transit;
• ION (Region of Waterloo Light Rail Transit);
• Kitchener By-Law;
• Kitchener Fire Department;
• North Dumfries Township Fire Department;
• Waterloo By-Law;
• Waterloo Fire Rescue;
• Waterloo Public Works;
• Waterloo Regional Airport;
• Waterloo Regional Paramedic Services; - This is what I was saying here that EMS would probably be on P25 with the rest of the regions emergency services.
• Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS);
• Waterloo Region Emergency Measures Office;
• Waterloo Region Security Services (including security dispatch);
• Waterloo Region Transportation;
• Waterloo Region Waste Management;
• Wellesley Township Fire Department;
• Wilmot Township Fire Department;
• Wilmot Township Public Works; and
• Woolwich Township Fire Department.

Other agencies and subgroups also use the legacy Voice Radio System, albeit with a lesser number of units.

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
I wonder if EMS has access for a common channel? Or the system has a EMS patch for common use or something. All area EMS trucks would have to have that system programmed in wouldn't you think? If a Hamilton truck ends up out in the KW area to take calls or an Oxford County truck and so on.

gary123

I would expect a TG to repeater set up. Not much good if you get out of range of the Waterloo system but that is exceedingly rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.