Waterloo Rural Fire paging frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Still hearing a little bit of traffic on the Rural Fire Dept. pager freq. Anyone know if this freq will stay up and running or will they go to text paging like some dept's use?

bluwest

Premium Subscriber
Still hearing a little bit of traffic on the Rural Fire Dept. pager freq. Anyone know if this freq will stay up and running or will they go to text paging like some depts use?
Right now rural fire dept's have audio over the pager/radios. They are Unication radios/pagers. However they only get the page and call location. Once the page is out the next traffic you will hear is on the P25 Township Dispatch Channel. As far as I know, they are keeping the 154.010 freq for the pagers and there is the request to patch the dispatch channel with the pager channel until fire is asked to switch to a TAC channel

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
Do they still do paging on the 154.01? I haven't heard anything.

They usually do Monday night pager tests for the other areas, and Elmira on Saturday for pager testing. I haven't heard a thing both times (Monday and Saturday).

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
Ok, a little update.
I heard St. Clements FD (I think that was the FD on the air) on 154.010 and they were asking about a fire they were paged to. I didn't hear any two-tone pages go out.

Are they using Unication pagers on a different frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.