Waterloo (WRPS) slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

10-60_Flag_V

Premium Subscriber
Hi: is it me (or maybe it's my scanner programming) or has the conversation been slower recently (3-4 days). I've had lulls of 20 minutes sometimes... The Web feed (from RR at cykf.net), also apears to be unusually quiet at times... Tell me, yes, no, crazy?!

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Hi: is it me (or maybe it's my scanner programming) or has the conversation been slower recently (3-4 days). I've had lulls of 20 minutes sometimes... The Web feed (from RR at cykf.net), also apears to be unusually quiet at times... Tell me, yes, no, crazy?!

I am really not sure what you are asking but as of 15:20pm on Feb 29th.....
- My scanner is receiving WRPS just fine
- Feed on RR for WRPS is also working just fine
Maybe keep in mind that even in Waterloo Region there are down times. I will listen while doing paper work, and there are times I need to look up to see if my unit is on, or that the computer has not gone mute on me. So I hope that maybe this answers your question. Good Luck

VE3RADIO

They are out arresting parents of kids who draw pictures

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
They are out arresting parents of kids who draw pictures

LOL! Waterloor Rgion is been known for Oktoberfest, Farmer's Market, and now if you draw a picture as a kid, we arrest your parents. I was born and have lived here all my life and I am still shaking my head.

10-60_Flag_V

Premium Subscriber
I am really not sure what you are asking but as of 15:20pm on Feb 29th.....
I will listen while doing paper work, and there are times I need to look up to see if my unit is on, or that the computer has not gone mute on me. So I hope that maybe this answers your question. Good Luck

I was just looking for a second opinion... It's just that the past few days I noticed a different pattern of activity: for 5 minutes it's really busy, with 5-6 different conversations criss-crossing from group, to group, to group, and then, in a heartbeart, nothing for 10 minutes, even 15 minutes, in the middle of the day. You would expect a tapering off of the activity, not a binary cutoof! Thanks for checking it out!

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Check out the heavy artillery they found in the house ;-)
TheRecord - Gun leading to dad

It could very well be your scanner. My I ask what type of scanner you have? (FYI: The Waterloo Region Feed on RR is down. I would assume it is the large power outage). My power did not go off so my scanner was doing just fine. I have noticed a bit more CAD for the WRPS. They will say " Hq south 214 Delta 969 to your screen" not too much info just a medical call for the unit. The info regarding the call has been sent to the officers computer terminal. Some time they will just send the call right to the officers computer, and the officer is alerted to the call by a beep sound.
Hope this helps.

10-60_Flag_V

Premium Subscriber
It could very well be your scanner. My I ask what type of scanner you have?

Thanks for the update tmbstn : 2-week old BC346. Before I was mainly listening to the RR feed. I'll reupload the configuration file from freescan, I've been playing around with various settings. Of course, I don't remember what I did!

10-60_Flag_V

Premium Subscriber
Or it might be my exterior antenna... we'll figure it out by trial and error.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Or it might be my exterior antenna... we'll figure it out by trial and error.

You know there are a bunch of really people great people on this ON thread. I have in the past ran into problems with my bc 780xlt. I you have a question or are unsure of something, put it out there for people too see and I know they will help. Cheers

scorpido

If it is a slow day the calls can be sent out using CAD (computer automated dispatch). If thats what was happening then you would have the long moments of silence as the CAD terminals were providing all the information. WRPS has a pretty intense CAD system thats can pretty much put a dispatcher out of a job if it worked with voice control while driving or the police had a computer on their arm..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.