• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Waterproofing and accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLSBoy

Hey guys, I was volunTOLD that I would be searching for a waterproofing solution for our Fire Dept. Water Rescue team. We have Jaguar 800 mhz radios, and were looking for a headset for it. I have found the OTTO Communications Ranger headset, but what can we do to waterproof the radio itself?

Thanks guys!

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Waterproofing bags for marine duty are your only option if you don't want new radios. Jags have to be
ordered with the immersible option, it can't be retrofitted in the field, or more specifically, it could be by
a good technician but it's not something that would be warrantied. There's no approved procedure for
converting a non-immersible radio to an immersible one.

If you have the budget, or are due to order new portable radios anyway, order 5100s or 7100s with the
immersible option. And be sure they stay on their maintenance schedule.

Elroy

BLSBoy

Elroy, thanks for clearing that up. Is there any bags that you can run a cord thru, so we can attach the headset?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Maybe, but I haven't exactly analyzed the entire market for that option. ;)

I would suggest this: Obtain a suitable radio bag, or camera bag, figure out how the radio is to be
carried in the bag, and then cut a hole in the BOTTOM of the bag as carried, for the accessories. Then,
use silicone and seal the hole around the cable. With the cable entering at the bottom, water
intrusion during firefighting activities is not very likely, particularly if the silicone does its job, and a
GOOD silicone, properly applied, WILL.

Elroy

Status
Not open for further replies.