Watkins Johnson WJ-RCS32

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejespers

Hello,

I want to control several WJ receivers ( WJ-8607 , WJ-8969 ) over a LAN network. WJ has a control software called WJ-RCS32. ( I have WJ-RCS but this does not support control over a LAN )

Can somebody supply me with a copy of this software for private use ?

Best regards,
Eddy Jespers

DL8YCK

Hello Eddy,
i have the same problem.Have bought a WJ 8721 VXI Receiver from a seller in GB.
The software WJ-RCS does not work properly in my VXI shelf and i have contacted last yaer DRS with a request for quote, but no answer.
It is not easy from germany to have a contact with DRS.
Sorry i can't help you with this software.
For the WJ-RCS software i missed the properly 8721-xx.crx file
Can you help me with them.?

Thanks
Manfred Beck from Germany

ejespers

Hi Manfred,

I got a quotation from DRS, 1.168 us$. I was also inquiring for a manual for a WJ-9605, the control head for the WJ-8607. They quoted the manual for 165 us$ . When I wanted to order the manual, they asked where I got the WJ-8607 from. I responded " from an equipment broker in the U.K. . I did not hear from them for some time, when I asked for the manual again, they told me I first have to show the export license of the WJ-8607.

QUOTE : Since the 9605 controls the 8607A (which is ITAR controlled) and it appears that you did not properly obtain the 8607A (there should have been an export license with the sale to you) neither DRS nor CSS can assist you in this matter further. If you can produce a copy of the export license, bill of sale and end use statement we can discuss this further.
UNQUOTE

So, most likely we will get the same answer when we want to purchase WJ-RCS32 from DRS.

Sorry, I can not help with 8721-xx.crx . I do have some control software for the Miniceptors ( WJ-86xx ) and the WJ-8712

Vy 73's Eddy Jespers

nl12969

Wj-8607

Hello,

I have bought a WJ-8607 with the RCS control software.
I was verry glad with it so i could combine and control my WJ rcvr's
But when i try to control the 8607 receiver it did control the 8607 for a bout 10 min. on a poor way.
Freq input or clicking to alter the frq di not go as it should, then i get a warning that the control-rx is overflow.
I have re instaled the software a few times have tryed it an a othe pc but always the same "warning"

Does annyone know what to do to overcome that problem?
Also i have tried to connect my WJ-8712-1 to the program but it fails to see the rx, it runs wel with other software like kwst and ergo4 .

As i read the messages here i dont have to try to contact dsr for anny suport

Are there more prog. to control the 8607 an does some one knows where to get it

nl12969

driver

Hello Eddy,
i have the same problem.Have bought a WJ 8721 VXI Receiver from a seller in GB.
The software WJ-RCS does not work properly in my VXI shelf and i have contacted last yaer DRS with a request for quote, but no answer.
It is not easy from germany to have a contact with DRS.
Sorry i can't help you with this software.
For the WJ-RCS software i missed the properly 8721-xx.crx file
Can you help me with them.?

Thanks
Manfred Beck from Germany

Hello Manfred,

According to the drivers list for equipment "pacced in the software" in the mannual of WJ-RCS there is no seperate driver for the WJ-8721 VXI.
What they do say is that the receiver only runs proper in a VXI shelf with a National Instruments VXI slot 0 controller with visa.
Maybe this is a ansewr to your problem.
I dont know if you have the mannual, but if you dont have it
I have a pdf of it

Jos

DL8YCK

Wj-rcs32

Hi Eddy,

can you help me with a copy from WJ-RCS32.?
Then i have the same problem how the Jos in Nederland.

Best Regards
Manfred

benbenrf

I have both WJ-RCS32 and WJ-RCS control software .... and a pretty good selection of WJ operator and service manuals.

Happy to help if I can

DRS has never really been much interested in supporting the amatuer community - for every 100 quote qeuries they get they're lucky if they get one manual order.

There are a couple amature's in the USA who enjoy a, how shall I put it - a cozy relationship with contacts at DRS, and get pretty muc what they want, but other than that, that's more about personal contact/relationship than it is about DRS's official policy towards the amature community.

Nearly all WJ hardware in amature hands today is one of about half a dozen receiver types, or DEMOD/DEMUX models - and a few DF units, and the odd really unusualy piece - most of it old stuff from the 70's - 80's, the documentation for which has to be compiled manualy each time from archived originals - and if you have a WJ manual of sorts, you'll know it's not as if their manuals are 10-20 page modern consumer type receiver/scanner type manuals. They are like books - some can hundred to several hundred pages and/or consist of several manuals.

So it works out expensive and if you're European based, then the local agent/rep ain't much interested unless they can add their 30% margin on top of whatever DRS quotes them.

So what happens when/if they do get round to quoting?
Folk swallow hard and go hunting on the net for PDF's copies that cost 10% at most what the original manuals cost i.e. they feel it ain't even worth their time bothering to go to the effort of quoting.

Anyhow - have got and am more than happy to help anyone who needs copies.

reefpoint

Premium Subscriber
RCS32 Receiver Control Software

Hi Manfred,

I finally have a copy of WJ-RCS32 which controls also the VXI shelf.

Best regards,
Eddy

Hi Eddy,

Would you be able to offer me a copy of the WJ-RCS32? I'd like to try it with an 8712A. Thanks!

mdqGus

Benberf

I just got a WJ8711A, would it be possible to get a copy of your software ?
Thank you!
Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.