Watson 901 Air Band Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbelter

Just received my Watson 901 antenna to be used on my FT70D and to monitor the local airport.
This antenna has given me an additional 2 to 3 bars advantage over the supplied antenna and seems to be a perfect antenna to cover the entire VHF and UHF band . In addition is rated for 10 W which will be sufficient to reach the local 2m and 70 repeaters .
well constructed 9 inch antenna however due to the BNC connector I have to use an SMA adaptor . Well done Watson .

Last edited:

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure that the 901 is set up for 2M & 440Mhz? I thought it wss rated for transmitting on the airband but I could be wrong. I have one and like it's performance on air bands. But I would also suggest you check out the Diamond RH-77CA Or its SMA sister. I can comfirm those antennas were designed as 2M/440 dual band antennas with extra coverage.

laidback

RailFanning is a way of Life
Premium Subscriber
Just received my Watson 901 antenna to be used on my FT70D and to monitor the local airport.
This antenna has given me an additional 2 to 3 bars advantage over the supplied antenna and seems to be a perfect antenna to cover the entire VHF and UHF band . In addition is rated for 10 W which will be sufficient to reach the local 2m and 70 repeaters .
well constructed 9 inch antenna however due to the BNC connector I have to use an SMA adaptor . Well done Watson .
Here are the spec's
Product Specs:
  • 9 inches long
  • Tx/Rx: 118 - 137MHz
  • Rx: 225 - 380MHz
  • 10W PEP Max power handling
  • BNC fitting

blackbelter

Thanks for posting, although the spec indicates 118-137, I have experienced better results through 174 MHZ . Marine , Rail and overall VHF signals have improved .

Status
Not open for further replies.