Wauconda police,Lake county

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdboy

I was just wondering if anybody knows what frequency wauconda's police are on now?? I have been tring to find them for a few weeks now and no luck. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

john

nerdboy

well unless i'm missing something,both of those don't work.470.7375 is what Lake Zurick police is on,and i can hear them plain as day in Island lake,and the EDACS system is what they use here in town and i havn't heard anything that sounds like wauconda. But thanks for the help. Anything is better that nothing.
john

NE9N

Wauconda Police freq

Dear Nerdboy; I used to live in the town of Wauconda when they were still on the old Lake county sherriffs Repeater (158.97) and you could hear everything going on in the county!! Same with the fire depts they were on (153.89) My My how things have changed!!! De Dave M. (NE9N)

ScottL

Premium Subscriber
I used to hear them on 159.285 (PL 127.3) more than on the 470.7375 network. You might check 476.7375 (PL 97.4) or 154.980 (PL 127.3) also. Another possibility might be 158.730 (PL 136.5) which is Island Lake, Tower Lakes, etc. I'm not up in that area much these days, so that's about all the help I can give.

Scott

nerdboy

My Help

I have to say thank you for tring to help,but nothing seams to work.I did see a wauconda police car and they had a small black antennna?or disk about 3 inches high 2 inches wide on the trunk.just made me go hmmmm,wonder if its a digital system.I don't know. well thanks
john

NE9N

Wauconda Police frequencies

Dear Nerdboy; Try this url (www.cityfreq.com) scrolldown to the state of Illinois, then scroll down to the town of Wauconda. I hope that this will help you!!! De Dave M. (NE9N)

Last edited:

nerdboy

just wanted to let everybody know that wauconda is temp.using their in car repeaters. 155.2350 is what it is. Dispatch is getting a all new 911 system that can call everbody in town if there is something happing,i guess that means new radios too. I read in the paper that they are going to test the system this saturday at 10:00 am. so thanks for tring to help

N

N_Jay

nerdboy said:
just wanted to let everybody know that wauconda is temp.using their in car repeaters. 155.2350 is what it is. Dispatch is getting a all new 911 system that can call everbody in town if there is something happing,i guess that means new radios too. I read in the paper that they are going to test the system this saturday at 10:00 am. so thanks for tring to help

Reverse 911 has nothing to do with the radio system (unless they just happen to be funded together).

N9JIG

Sheriff
The elusive Wauconda PD dispatch freq has been found! Finally heard
them tonight.

They disappeared from the old 470.7375 some time ago, and have now
popped up on 155.2275 (D412). According to the license the input
should probably be 153.9575. The license (WPVZ983) also includes base
and mobile operations on 154.1375 and portables on 154.0175, so these
freqs might bear watching as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.