Wausau area live feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Wausau area or nearby central area interested in setting up a live scanner feed? Free server space will be provided for anyone wishing to do so statewide so your bandwidth will be saved.

mkescan

AxelsHumanDad said:
I had one up for a while. other than the 3 people I called by phone, I only picked up two listeners. I took it down for lack of interest.

Thats the bad thing about putting up a feed.
You have people saying they can't wait and thanks a lot,then you see the super low connection numbers after the 1st day.
Not worth wasting a scanner for something like that.

wirr

Database Admin
AxelsHumanDad said:
I had one up for a while. other than the 3 people I called by phone, I only picked up two listeners. I took it down for lack of interest.

Was your feed listed on wifirefeeds.com? You have to have some patience. People will tune in from time to time as they are able to and as they may have a particular interest in something going on in that area.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
So very true.. WiFirefeeds partnership with WI Incident Alert and the Scan-Wis groups will get the word out there and spark interest particularly if an event or incident is posted. The grapevine connects to a lot of ears.. Splitech is now offering free hosting for anyone teaming up with WIFireFeeds on a live stream.. not a bad deal at all.

Tim

Feed Provider
Hiya All....

Generally, I don't add to posts nearly a year old..but I was wondering if the owner of this feed is reading these forums. I would be very interested if you wanted to try putting up the feed again. I like listening to scanners from around WI. I heard it when you were testing (I was probably one of the two "other" listeners you mentioned) and thought it sounded great.

Maybe give it a little more time to grow. Advertising certainly should help (Not just on this board). I could put up a link on my website (Wisconsin Scanning Homepage).

Tim

triryche

Premium Subscriber
I concur.. We have several web pages and this forum for promotion so interest in the feed shouldn't be a problem. We can also get your stream pushed to the splitech server if you choose to be part of the wifirefeeds team. That is free and saves you the bandwidth usage, firewall & router setup hassles, and security issues with users having to connect to you instead of an outside server. Some of the feeds average 20-30 connections daily after they become known. :cool:

AxelsHumanDad

thread from the dead!

I'm going to give the stream another go, with newer hardware. I have most of the tutorials and software saved from the first box I built. one thing I'm missing is directions I used to get Windoze media encoder sending alpha tags to media player. if I start the stream again, I need to show the tags to someone who has WMP only, and cannot install winamp. I made it work once, but I'm stuck right now.
anyone have a pointer to a link or document that will refresh my grey matter on how to get media encoder streaming the tags through shoutcast/icecast?

BCD996T...

I'm searching but coming up with nothing.

Premium Subscriber
Looks and sounds good on winamp. Top notch ! :)

mkescan

I'm still ironing out the kinks. -just fixed the media player link. it should work from outside my LAN now ;-)
once I finalize everything I'll probably make a permanent feed link through RR.

Putting a feed here on radioreference.com is super easy, only takes about a minute.,It's also a lot more dependable then windows media encoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.