Wauwatosa Police Channel "D5"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sat0ri

Yesterday - 6/1/20, Wauwatosa Police moved their "protest control" team to a channel that they referred to as "D5". I don't see any obvious channels that may be associated with this in the Sentinel database. Is anyone in the area familiar with this? I was scanning all of the Tac channels and never heard them.

Thanks

PreferredCustomer

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday - 6/1/20, Wauwatosa Police moved their "protest control" team to a channel that they referred to as "D5". I don't see any obvious channels that may be associated with this in the Sentinel database. Is anyone in the area familiar with this? I was scanning all of the Tac channels and never heard them.

Thanks

I don't have that info, but most of the protest action in the Milwaukee area is on OAGTAC12, TG 5012 on the oasis system. It is very active in later afternoon, and evening.

Could D5 be Oasis TG 1083, listed as Wauwatosta PD tac5?

I have been looking for what they keep refering to as ISC2, or something also.

Last edited:

PreferredCustomer

Premium Subscriber
Also the Milwaukee Co. Sheriff seems to be using their channel 3, which is encrypted apparently.

Looks like The State Patrol is handling freeways, while the Sheriff is handling the protests.

sat0ri

I was monitoring the TG 1083 (TAC 5) and never heard them. Of course I may have missed some transmissions but I was listening as soon as they switched the assignment - and for a few hours after - and never heard them.

InspireWaukesha87

Premium Subscriber
ICS 2 I believe is another incident channel on Milwaukee’s OpenSky radio system and it didn’t seem to be patched to any OASIS Talkgroups and all Milwaukee County Sheriff traffic was encrypted

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
D5 should be MCLAW4 1235 according to the OASIS LE matrix. This makes sense based on what I've been monitoring on that channel.

Yes, OpenSky ICS1 is patched to OASIS OAGTAC12 and WISCOM 58917. ICS2 is not patched.
MCSO is on their Channel 3.
WSP is using WISCOM WSP SE2.

sat0ri

Hello all. So all of the Wauwatosa frequencies are dead silent. The main dispatch, all of their tac channels and even the "D5" interoperability channel that they have used a few times in past months to coordinate with the sheriff and other are municipalities. My scanner is working, opened the main sheriff frequency and there are transmissions coming through. Is there a chance that Wauwatosa PD changed their frequencies last minute in anticipation of the protests tonight? They know that the protesters have been well organized and they've suspected that they have been monitoring they're channels in the past.

Scanner is SDS100.

CrabbyMilton

MAYFAIR security was updating their officers on the whereabouts of the marchers. I fell asleep so I don't know if they ever made it out there.
The news helicopters were also a good source of the activity as was the MCTS with all of the detours the buses had to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.