Wauwatosa Police & Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WauwatosaPD

I just got my new BCD996P2 and programmed it like the Motorola system...set up a site and groups...but I only get once of the groups.

I want to use FreeScan to download, but there is nothing specific to Wauwatosa, WI in the P25 section.

If there are any fellow TOSA residents that have their scanners programmed for Wauwatosa Police and Fire, and would be willing to share their FreeScan file that is downloaded from their scanner...could you share it?

I am trying to save on my learning curve, and get my scanner up and running.

Thanks.

kelsey1

Premium Subscriber
Possibly you may not know it, but the city of Wauwatosa public safety radio functions as a part of the Milwaukee/Waukesha County OASIS P25 system. In short in order to receive their transmissions, you will have to program in the OASIS system frequencies and respective system and ID's.
FreeScan does work, because I have used it. The programming takes some time, but it does work. Good luck you'll get it.

Railcon51

If you want I could help you I have a large file for Milwaukee let me know I have everything that I could import into your scanner as I had a 996xt and I still have the data from that I would be happy to come and import that into your scanner
I just got my new BCD996P2 and programmed it like the Motorola system...set up a site and groups...but I only get once of the groups.

I want to use FreeScan to download, but there is nothing specific to Wauwatosa, WI in the P25 section.

If there are any fellow TOSA residents that have their scanners programmed for Wauwatosa Police and Fire, and would be willing to share their FreeScan file that is downloaded from their scanner...could you share it?

I am trying to save on my learning curve, and get my scanner up and running.

Thanks.

WauwatosaPD

I decided to buy ARC XT. And it made it so easy. All loaded, and listening.

Manually programming is what I’m used to, but to let software do it all for you?...very nice.

I have everything in Tosa now. Took out Mayfair. Don’t need that.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.