Waxahachie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I heard a base station on 7782 identify as Precinct 2.
I caught that one as well, yesterday.

Someone else responded that the first caller )before Precinct 2) was on the 'public works' channel.

Someone else on 7782, again yesterday, was doing radio checks from various locations that je thought would be problematic, referring to low areas that he expected poor coverage. But then he noted that everywhere he had tried, the system was 'crystal clear'.

Last edited:

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
A little off topic, but since were talking about FWRRS, anyone know why the FWFD Highway Channel 12 on Layer 1 was removed from the database? Just noticed that change was made.l yesterday.

n5dki

has anyone nailed down who is "7777" yet ? i keep hearing traffic that sometimes sounds like surveillance.
noticed 7783 was added as court bailiffs.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
has anyone nailed down who is "7777" yet ? i keep hearing traffic that sometimes sounds like surveillance.
noticed 7783 was added as court bailiffs.
Periodically I run a discovery session on the system, trying to find new TGIDs and identify usage on them.

I’ve also heard what sounds like surveillance on 7777, but also other traffic.

caught bailiffs discussing juries on 7783 and submitted that one.
As more county and city (like Waxahachie) departments get new radios issued or programmed, there is almost more talkgroups to fill in, and likely more for Red Oak and Midlothian.

I know that Ennis and Palmer also are joining the party, so at some point we’ll see activity related to them.

n5dki

The party may be starting: seeing talkgroups 7838, 7846, and 7847 and sounds like Ennis by the conversations.
Doing some field comparisons to their VHF conv system and the new 700mhz p25 and some "test" traffic.

camosam03

It is. Milford PD and fire are already on the system. ESD6 and Forreston should be up and running by the end of the month. Palmer and Ennis have already switched over as well.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It is. Milford PD and fire are already on the system. ESD6 and Forreston should be up and running by the end of the month. Palmer and Ennis have already switched over as well.
So far, I have not seen activity that I can directly relate to Palmer, Milford, or any of the ESD’s. Do you know what talkgroups they would be assigned? Or is the county dispatching them on one of their TGIDs.
I have been running Discovery sessions to log activity record radio traffic.

camosam03

So far, I have not seen activity that I can directly relate to Palmer, Milford, or any of the ESD’s. Do you know what talkgroups they would be assigned? Or is the county dispatching them on one of their TGIDs.
I have been running Discovery sessions to log activity record radio traffic.
Milford fire has them but isn’t using them yet, Milford PD is. As far as how everything is going to work I do not know. I’m sure it will be modeled closely to what we have now. One mass dispatch channel for the county and then we will all have our own tac channels. I’ll know more when we get ours.

mbarnold12

Premium Subscriber
It appears Ellis County has patched TG 7779 Ellis County Fire 1 with analog Ellis County Fire 155.5800 in order to begin using it. Appears AMR is about the only ones utilizing the new channel on the new system from what I can tell.

camosam03

So they patched the old system and new system because there’re having problems getting the new console to set off tones for the FD’s. All of the rural PD’s are completely switched over. On the fire side ESD6, Milford, and Forreston are all using the new system. Everyone else is still on the old system.

mbarnold12

Premium Subscriber
So they patched the old system and new system because there’re having problems getting the new console to set off tones for the FD’s. All of the rural PD’s are completely switched over. On the fire side ESD6, Milford, and Forreston are all using the new system. Everyone else is still on the old system.
Ok cool. That’s good to know. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.