Way to go Alaska!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
You have more encryption and obfuscation in your Public Safety communications per capita than California, Florida and New York put together!

Hopefully your less, waaaayyyyyy less than a million people statewide are safer by your arrogant, ignorant ways!

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
Whats the deal with the Alaska State Police? I see in the database that they are on a statewide P25 system and the database does not show any ENC TG's.

I did read in another thread that many TG's are ENC but the DB does not show it? Can you listen to Alaska State Police dispatch channels?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Whats the deal with the Alaska State Police? I see in the database that they are on a statewide P25 system and the database does not show any ENC TG's.

I did read in another thread that many TG's are ENC but the DB does not show it? Can you listen to Alaska State Police dispatch channels?

I guess the correct way to update the database would be to say that certain TGs are encrypted most of the time or most of the units are for the AK State Troopers.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Whats the deal with the Alaska State Police?

By the way, there seems to be some "political issues" brewing within the State Troopers and across the state for a while now, involving people and practices. From the bits and pieces I've gathered and even just from reading the comments in the local newspapers websites, there seems to be a lot of "unhappy" people with the way the Troopers are doing their job.

That's unfortunate to say the least. I still respect and admire them and the job they do. Hopefully in the future everything will return to "normal" so to speak.

In the meanwhile, I won't be donating any more money to their "causes" like I've done in the past. If they need money in the future, they can sell their encryption hardware/software on eBay. :lol:

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
Florida as a state still encrypts more public safety communications then any other state in the united states!

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Encryption

I guess the correct way to update the database would be to say that certain TGs are encrypted most of the time or most of the units are for the AK State Troopers.

I added a note about AST encryption. The DB doesn't have a TG option for "sometimes encrypted" but I can add a note to that effect in the description if you submit the specific TGs involved.

-Tim

kc8mvw

I added a note about AST encryption. The DB doesn't have a TG option for "sometimes encrypted" but I can add a note to that effect in the description if you submit the specific TGs involved.

-Tim

99% of the dispatch channels are encrypted. General Talk arounds are also on the same pattern. If it has to do with AST, I'd mark it as encrypted. Same goes for Fairbanks Police (only 2 TG's have been partially decrypted as of lately).

Status
Not open for further replies.