way to manually enter frequencies? iScan Pro-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparis99

I've got the SD card programmed with the important frequencies in my area. But, there are lots of businesses and other frequencies I would like to enter and label... Is that possible with this scanner/software?

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
Sure, just click on the playlist tab at the bottom of the iscan program screen, chose what playlist you want to add the frequencies to from the pull down menu in the upper left hand corner, then click the "new channel" button on the upper right of the screen. This will open a add new channel wizard that will take you through the process. Not quite as easy as just typing into a spreadsheet but maybe a new program update will have some new features. Be sure that what frequencies are on the iscan program playlist are the same as what is on the sd card/scanner since when you add to the iscan program and write to the scanner, it will over write anything that is not the same. I just keep the computer program freq list as my "master" and sometimes add things temporarily to the scanner playlist manually, knowing that the next time I update my sd card all will be brought back to base one. Hope this helps! Have you visited the wiki section pertaining to the Pro 107 yet - great information.

N4GKS

Sure, just click on the playlist tab at the bottom of the iscan program screen, chose what playlist you want to add the frequencies to from the pull down menu in the upper left hand corner, then click the "new channel" button on the upper right of the screen. This will open a add new channel wizard that will take you through the process. Not quite as easy as just typing into a spreadsheet but maybe a new program update will have some new features. Be sure that what frequencies are on the iscan program playlist are the same as what is on the sd card/scanner since when you add to the iscan program and write to the scanner, it will over write anything that is not the same. I just keep the computer program freq list as my "master" and sometimes add things temporarily to the scanner playlist manually, knowing that the next time I update my sd card all will be brought back to base one. Hope this helps! Have you visited the wiki section pertaining to the Pro 107 yet - great information.

Where are all the trunking frequencies located? I want to find all of the frequencies that the trunking system is using. The only frequencies I see in the whole program is the weather.

mikey60

Where are all the trunking frequencies located? I want to find all of the frequencies that the trunking system is using. The only frequencies I see in the whole program is the weather.

If you turn the Simple Display mode off, you'll see the Conventional and Trunked tabs in the software. You'll be able to see your frequencies there.

Mike

N4GKS

If you turn the Simple Display mode off, you'll see the Conventional and Trunked tabs in the software. You'll be able to see your frequencies there.

Mike

Thanks for the info. One more question. How do you delete the uneeded frequencies? I see no delete feature. Check that I have to delete each frequency itself.

Last edited:

kcoleman

How do you delete the unneeded frequencies? I see no delete feature.

From the radio hit your MENU button, then BROWSE OBJECTS, using the left & right arrows you can scroll to the playlist that contains the frequency that you are looking for, once you have found the frequency that you want to delete press your MENU button again, press the up arrow and DELETE OBJECT.

If you are using the software, you would go to the conventional frequency tab under the POS column, find the frequency that you want to delete, click on the POSition number which will highlight the row, then the DELETE button on the right panel should be available to select. In the software, you can also hold the CTRL key and select multiple frequencies to delete.

Good Luck,
Keith

st148

Programing Trunking Systems? Help!

I'm working on programing a Pro 107 SD card with the software provided. I'm not having any success. How can one program talk groups, trunking systems? Any help appreciated.

kcoleman

I'm working on programing a Pro 107 SD card with the software provided. I'm not having any success. How can one program talk groups, trunking systems? Any help appreciated.

Probably the easiest and quickest method would be to do it right from the scanner. Get to the MAIN MENU then scroll down to BROWSE LIBRARY, from there you can navigate to OREGON and then to the county and city that you want, I'm guessing Multnomah County... once there, select SYSTEMS and select the system(s) that you want to monitor. As you back out of the menus, you'll reach a screen that says, PLAYLISTS FOR CHOSEN OBJECTS... select the playlist you want and this will import your selected system/frequencies into that playlist. Make it active and have fun.

From the software, you would go to the LIBRARY IMPORT tab; the process is very similar to what you'd do from the radio.

Good Luck & Good Listening,
Keith

st148

Programing Trunking Systems? Help!

As far as I can tell the playlist in the library are VHF "Conventional" not the 800.000 "trunking system".
I'm trying to enter 16 800.000 frequencies with individual talk group IDs using the 16 800.000 frequencies.
I think once i get my brain around how the software works it will be easy.

kcoleman

It would be very helpful if you could post a link to the system/frequencies that you are trying to program into the radio.

Regards,
Keith

st148

I figured it out today after the software refused to operate. It said it was already running but there was no display. I uninstalled software numerous times to no avail. I went into windows explorer and deleted all the files that didn't get deleted when I uninstalled the program. After doing that every thing worked. It would be helpful if the program would let you copy/clone and paste the frequencies for the talk groups tho.
I don't know if I can publish the frequencies on this site.

kcoleman

Good that you got your software up and running. Have you looked in the database section here on RR? Are the frequencies that you're trying to enter located here on the site? If so which ones?

You might have better luck posting in the Oregon forum, someone there may be of better help with your area.

Good Luck,
Keith

Last edited:

orb4me

thank you, I think I have it programed now. as long as all channels are not saying anything:)

Status
Not open for further replies.