Way to mount a BC346xt to wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Hello. I just bought a BC346xt scanner and i know it has a belt clip that's removable and has the silver circular ring thing on the back(I don't know what to call it.) usually when im at home, i keep my radio just on a table. I want to find some kind of way to count a connector on the wall so the part of the radio that clips to a belt clips into the mount on the wall, that way it can't get knocked down and it's always in the same place. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance

KD2DLL

Feed Provider

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I also have a 346XT and it tends to flop around on the table, especially when I have it connected to some coax.

I'm thinking if you found a piece of metal that you could mount to the wall, which has a U channel in the center that you can slide the belt clip post of the scanner down, it would hang there securely. If you take the belt clip off and look at it, you can see how it would work just the same. In fact maybe you can buy another belt clip and modify it so the back is flat, and you can drive two screws through it into a stud.

I don't see the black belt clip on Uniden's site, but here's the blue model.

Belt Clip For Various Scanners and Marine (Blue in color) - Accessories at Uniden

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
It is! Here's my setup.

I have decided to do somthing very much like that. I ordered 2 of these ones off ebay. When you buy multiple, you only pay shipping for 1, so I got two for $6 and change. Probably will set one on the side of my headboard because I use it in Fire Tone Out mode at night for my dept. The other I have not found a place for yet. If you all would like, I will post a picture or two just like scanner92us did of how it has been set up!

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
As I remember, there used to be a really heavy-duty magnetic one also. That would be great for mounting to a file cabinet.

Yeah i was looking at some of them. I may pick one up after I see how these work. Possibly throw that in the tractor. Nice to be able to keep that in there with me in a place where its safe.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Metal Mic Holder / Clip Heavy Duty for CB / Ham Radio | eBay

It really would have been helpful for me to add the link like I mentioned I would.

I got these in the mail today, the way they are set up, you cant fit the scanner into the slot without bending the back of the mount. However, when you mount the top screw in it, the shape bends back so You cant mount he scanner with this exact model of mount, so I recommend not buying these exact ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.