Wayne Co Sheriff Depts Poor Radio Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperAce

Has anybody in Wayne County who monitors the WCO Sheriff Department on 154.7850 PL 127MHZ besides me have taken notice to how poorly its communication network is ?

If I was an officer with this department I would have my entire shift programmed into the Speed Dial of my Cell Phone if my life was put on the line.

Seriously....Constantly you hear traffic from the Dispatcher telling officers out in the field that they're radios are very 10-1.

I wonder what it is going to take before this area gets on the band wagon and goes to 800 MHZ and finally fills that empty slot over Wayne County on the Viper Url :-[

n3ncn

There was an thread on hear not long ago about Wayne Co. going to a trunking system. When I read it ,it seemed to be alfully old/ I moved hear from Southern Maryland in Dec 2005. The radio system here sucks.

n3ncn

I live in Pikeville and can pick up Lenior Co. trunking system 100% on a Pro-92 HH as opposed to haveing to move the radio to pick up Wayne Co. . Sorry for the double post

Last edited:

SniperAce

I am also from up North I lived in Delaware about 25 minutes from the Del/MD State Line to be exact.We are what the "Good Old Boys" here In the South like refer to us as "Damn Yankees"- Yankee's who have visited the South and have not left yet !

Could you PM me the Lenoir County "Control Channels" and "TGID's" that you have I would appreciate it.I have spent 500 dollars on a Uniden 396T Scanner and the only systems that I can hear both sides of a conversation is on "Conventional Systems".

I have tried to get most of the county's listed on the RR Viper page here that have listings for my area [which is Wayne County] and I get nothing but sporadic, 1 sided chatter, on mostly CC 868.7750 but that is it.

Take it easy, SniperAce

n3ncn said:
There was an thread on hear not long ago about Wayne Co. going to a trunking system. When I read it ,it seemed to be alfully old/ I moved hear from Southern Maryland in Dec 2005. The radio system here sucks.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
I Think The P-25 VHF Trunking System For Wayne County Sould Be Complete By December Of 2007 From What I Have Heard From The Communications Supervisor.

NClis2427

Sometimes on the Sheriff Freq. i hear them mention something about 90/95 and the last time he had just arrested someone. Any idea what that is?

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps they were referring to G.S. 90-95, the statute for marijuana possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.