wayne co sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

I may be wrong but I dont think Wayne county has a Air Unit anymore MSP or Oakland Co handles most air support in metro area . Detroit and Warren have done away with the Air Units Macomb Co has a airplane and they dont use it much

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
looking for wayne co sheriff aircraft helo wxyz news chopper freqs

There is no Wayne Sheriff Aircraft in service that I know of.

Like Freqs said the MSP chopper handles a lot of Metro Detroit if needed. Their callsign is "Trooper 2". Hard to say where you will hear them, but MSP D2 talkgroups, STATW2 and Detroit tend to be the best.

The news agencies use the frequencies listed in the database here Businesses, Media, Railroads, Attractions & Recreation Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

123.025 AM is a good one to keep in your radio. Helicopter air coordination and general BS between pilots. The media helicopters will get over a scene and talk to each other here quite a bit.

Paul

freqs

As far as News choppers the only one I know the freq for FOX 2 I hear them on 166.250 .and you wanna talk about some scanners I used to haul the roll off dumpsters out of ch 2 and they have a nice collection of radios in the news room they monitor I couldnt count them all .

m297

I may be wrong but I dont think Wayne county has a Air Unit anymore MSP or Oakland Co handles most air support in metro area . Detroit and Warren have done away with the Air Units Macomb Co has a airplane and they dont use it much

Trooper 2 is a join operation between the DPD and MSP, and it fly's out of City Airport, 1 DPD pilot and 1 MSP pilot, and normally a DPD observer.

MetalManMI

Correct, we (WCSO) do not have an air unit. We barely have a road patrol unit...cuts, cuts, cuts.

Detroit used to have an air unit, Oakland Co still does, as does MSP (as discussed here)

bigbluemsp

As far as News choppers the only one I know the freq for FOX 2 I hear them on 166.250 .and you wanna talk about some scanners I used to haul the roll off dumpsters out of ch 2 and they have a nice collection of radios in the news room they monitor I couldnt count them all .

They now only have 3 scanners in their news room now. 2 800's and a old school UHF/VHF scanner.

freqs

Well the good thing about MPSCS is you can downsize the scanner collection but I still use 4 scanners at the house to catch all that I like to monitor in bad weather I have one to monitor Skywarn .Sorry this was off of the Wayne co subject .But the last time I was at fox 2 was 4 or 5 years back so iam sure things have changed .

Status
Not open for further replies.