Wayne County Airport Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPOWLD

I have the following frequencies programmed into my PRO 96 as listed in the RR Data bank but I am not getting anything in the scan mode.

853.2375, 854.3125, 855.3125, 852.2375.

The Mode is set to "MO" . It is in the Open mode (+). When I have it in the scan mode I don't receive anything but in the manual mode I do receive conversation on some frequencies. What am I doing wrong?

I do not have any talk groups programmed in the scanner, I didn't think I needed to in the "open" mode.

Any suggetions would be helpful

Thanks.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
First thing I would do is verify I could hear the control channel and have a good decode rate. It's on 854.3125 at the moment.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I have the following frequencies programmed into my PRO 96 as listed in the RR Data bank but I am not getting anything in the scan mode.

853.2375, 854.3125, 855.3125, 852.2375.

The Mode is set to "MO" . It is in the Open mode (+). When I have it in the scan mode I don't receive anything but in the manual mode I do receive conversation on some frequencies. What am I doing wrong?

I do not have any talk groups programmed in the scanner, I didn't think I needed to in the "open" mode.

Any suggetions would be helpful

Thanks.

If you are hearing voice when in manual mode, then you do not have the scanner set up to decode a motorola system. Make sure that the control channels have a "MO" with them and that you actually tell the scanner it is a MOTOROLA system that you want to monitor. It should work then. You can access the trunk systems by pressing Trunk and Func + Trunk.

Also like Paul said, make sure that you can hear the CC, otherwise you wont be able to monitor it.

Hope that helps

FPOWLD

Thanks for the info. I checked everything and even put in the talk group ID'S. Still not receiving much.
My Decode rate/% is very low to zero. I only live about 10 miles from metro. Have no problem with Westen Wayne co. from 10+ miles away. Oh well maybe they are not talking much or the CC is off today.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I checked everything and even put in the talk group ID'S. Still not receiving much.
My Decode rate/% is very low to zero. I only live about 10 miles from metro. Have no problem with Westen Wayne co. from 10+ miles away. Oh well maybe they are not talking much or the CC is off today.

Ok, I am in Ypsilanti and decode the system at 99% What antenna are you using? Where are you located? Remember that the system is a ANALOG system, so you do have to have a decent antenna to receive it. If you decode rate is very low, you will never be able to monitor that system. What is your current antenna setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.