Wayne county help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4YOG

My mother has a Home Patrol scanner and I have a GRE 600. We are interested in receiving EMS when it calls in to the ER. I have conventional frequencies and all trunk frequencies for Wayne county but still no EMS to ER. Any ideas?

trumpetman

Database Admin
There are two likely possibilities to how the ambulance communicates with the ER (via radio). They may be calling on the VIPER network or since the county is all on VHF, they could be using the conventional HEAR channel of 155.3400 (110.9 PL). Both of which are in the database and should show up on the HomePatrol. The latter of the two will be more difficult to bring in because the radios are simplex and operate in line-of-sight, so you will not hear any traffic unless you are within a mile or so of the ambulance. If the hospital is transmitting from a tall location then you might be able to hear them reply.

There is also a chance that they give patient information over the phone, or if they are busy, the driver will contact dispatch so they can alert the hospital for them.

Long story short,

Keep all 10 MED channels in your PSR600, 155.3400, 155.2200, 155.4000 (all with no tone), and keep a wildcard open on the local VIPER site and you should hear some traffic at some point.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
EMS still uses the old 340 frequency to call in patient reports to the ER. They do not currently have an ER talkgroup on the system

My mother has a Home Patrol scanner and I have a GRE 600. We are interested in receiving EMS when it calls in to the ER. I have conventional frequencies and all trunk frequencies for Wayne county but still no EMS to ER. Any ideas?

KE4YOG

OK. I will have to check the programing on both receivers to make sure I have done it right. It is bad when scanners get so hard to program that you need a college degree in EE! I am a ham and I will admit that I dont use all the bells and whistles that I could on my rigs but it is to the point on most things it is simply easier to order the software!

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
EMS still uses the old 340 frequency to call in patient reports to the ER. They do not currently have an ER talkgroup on the system

What Trumpetman was alluding to is that every hospital in the state has an assigned talkgroup that can be used for communications between medical transporters enroute to a facility, and the ER staff at that facility.

The Viper Medical Network can also be used in a mass casualty situation to coordinate and distribute patient loads among all the facilities in a given area.

The hospital in Goldsboro is assigned talkgroup ID 58528 for the above uses.. Whether or not they have a radio in the ER to communicate on Viper is another question, though.

Gilly1980

I will pick up Wayne County EMS talking to Wayne ER every once in a while on the 152 mHz frequency I believe. I have a RS PRO-528 and live in extreme northwest Lenoir County.

KE4YOG

The funny thing is that I get Lenoir and LMH with no problem. I will investigat the 152 frequency. My mother is the person that wants it. I tend to only use a scanner when I need to get more information. Mainly during weather events.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I was over in Goldsboro last Friday and heard EMS talking to the ER on 155.340 with patient information which of course is simplex. So as you know being a ham it is line of sight. Unless they utilize a talkgroup on viper or their new digital system it's going to be spotty.

trumpetman

Database Admin
KE4YOG,

Check your Private Messages please.

EDIT: Actually, if anyone is within range of the Wayne County system, shoot me a PM please.

Status
Not open for further replies.