Wayne county P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng645

I head East Wayne fire department (Wayne county) on the MARCS P25 (49516) have they moved to this system? and will they be getting there own talkgroup.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Probably not. In most areas departments are dispatched on the county channel and use one of the countywide fireground channels for their operations.

Muskingum County Here

Maybe - but not everywhere. One local twp. has their own MARCS TG, uses the county's VHF for dispatch, but also uses the county's MARCS TG for comms. They seem to mark with the county on either depending on ???

A few of the townships use the county MARCS - but have do not have their own TG.

County has a MARCS and a Fireground MARCS as well.

I do not normally monitor Perry, but when I do I see them using MARCS as well (also see traffic on Unitrunker).

I think the main take away is - it's all changing.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Wayne County FDs are being dispatched over both the conventional frequency and either WAR FD (Wooster, and 918) or County Fire Dispatch on MARCS. All dispatchers and many of the departments can be heard on MARCS County Fire. The number seems to be growing over time.

I'm a little too far to hear a lot of the individual units, so I can't tell if they are also broadcasting over conventional (patch?).

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
They should be on any of the Wayne county MARCS-IP sites. Wooster, Aukerman, Marshallville. I also pick them up off Nimisillen in Summit County.

Status
Not open for further replies.