Wayne County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip21

Premium Subscriber
Hi All.........

I am programming my GRE PSR-500 using the RR database and PSREDIT software. .I have the Wayne County Sheriff MPSCS P25 auto talkgroups entered from the RR database. I also have the Wayne County Simulcast, Northville and Flatrock control channels(primary and alternate) entered but I am not hearing any transmissions at all. Has something changed with them or amiss on my end?

Any info appreciated....

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well, they did re-band recently but if you imported the data then it should be ok. Obviously simulcast systems like that one can be notoriously difficult to receive sometimes. Do you see any activity on the screen at all (signal strength, the trunking 'T' indicator etc). Maybe try adding a talkgroup wildcard and see if any other groups come in?

skip21

Premium Subscriber
Well, they did re-band recently but if you imported the data then it should be ok. Obviously simulcast systems like that one can be notoriously difficult to receive sometimes. Do you see any activity on the screen at all (signal strength, the trunking 'T' indicator etc). Maybe try adding a talkgroup wildcard and see if any other groups come in?

Thank you for taking the time to reply Forts. Yes I see the "T" and it is scanning OK. I did hear one transmission awhile ago but its just so quiet. How would I tell if my data is rebanded? From what I read in the PSREDIT Manual:

"If the system you are programming is a rebanded system, you may use the Custom option to set the band plan to the one being used on these systems. To determine if the system has been rebanded and needs the custom rebanded table, look at the frequency list for the site. If there are any frequencies between 851 MHz and 854 MHz that have the number zero (0) in the fourth position following the decimal point, this is a rebanded system that will need the custom table."

And indeed the control freqs do have a zero in the 4th position after the decimal point.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

mikey60

As long as you have the correct frequencies (which the "T" being visible would indicate), then you should be all set. It's possible you're running into some issues with simulcast distortion. Try moving the scanner a few inches and see if it makes a difference.

Mike

skip21

Premium Subscriber
As long as you have the correct frequencies (which the "T" being visible would indicate), then you should be all set. It's possible you're running into some issues with simulcast distortion. Try moving the scanner a few inches and see if it makes a difference.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I have had my scanner is serveral locations but I'll try more as you advise. I did pick up a transmission or two on their LEIN channel and it was booming in here, very strong and loud but I've yet to hear the main dispatch channel or any others.
I am using an indoor antenna in my attic

Thanks for the info.

UPDATE: I did hear dispatch this morning so all must be well except there does not seem to be much traffic as there used to be.

Last edited:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Hi Skip,

Not sure how the PSR operates, but for sakes I have the BCD996XT am in windsor only thing different I have a outdoor antenna,and can hear wayne county, flatrock and northville with no probs and pretty constant chatter. Thou I do not program in talkgroups(like to hear everything lol). Not sure if the PSR has this option, I assume it does, but maybe instead of scan mode (where it scans only the talkgroups) Try trunking in "search" mode, just a suggestion to try.

skip21

Premium Subscriber
Hi Skip,

Not sure how the PSR operates, but for sakes I have the BCD996XT am in windsor only thing different I have a outdoor antenna,and can hear wayne county, flatrock and northville with no probs and pretty constant chatter. Thou I do not program in talkgroups(like to hear everything lol). Not sure if the PSR has this option, I assume it does, but maybe instead of scan mode (where it scans only the talkgroups) Try trunking in "search" mode, just a suggestion to try.

Thank you for the info Hawkeye32. I'm no longer having problems hearing them. You must have a good antenna to copy Flatrock and Northville. Thanks again and stay warm.

Skip21

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info Hawkeye32. I'm no longer having problems hearing them. You must have a good antenna to copy Flatrock and Northville. Thanks again and stay warm.

Skip21

Awesome!! Good to hear, and yes have a a diamond discone with LMR coax best investment I have ever made :) And yes been crazy cold thats for sure, can't wait for spring !!

Status
Not open for further replies.