Wayne Medics Private Channel - Ski resort?

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
For Wayne County PA in the RR DB, 151.5650 is listed as "Wayne Medics Private Channel". And for many years now I've heard that activity using only the "rubber duck" supplied antenna on my BC125AT. I have no PL / DPL enabled for this frequency. This morning something new appeared: strong comms (not distant) from a ski patrol. I'm assuming those are from one of the many local ski resorts within range... but have never heard this activity on 151.5650 before. I know it's ski patrol because it was multiple different patrollers describing their location(s)... "north slope"... "skier having difficulty"... etc. I checked the FCC ULS and there is a listing in PA for that freq issued to Kennywood Park. But that is more than 100 miles west of NEPA and well out of VHF range. There is a possibility this is VHF propagation ducting, but normally when that happens there are many other VHF stations to be heard, and that was NOT the case this morning.
So who / what has changed with the Wayne Medics Private Channel, and does the RR DB need updating? I have not heard what I believe to be Wayne Medics activity for a few weeks now.

ecps92

Appears to be a Trunked Rental system - likely LTR if you hear periodic Clicks w/o any audio/traffic being passed

Likely the same Company the medics are renting from

For Wayne County PA in the RR DB, 151.5650 is listed as "Wayne Medics Private Channel". And for many years now I've heard that activity using only the "rubber duck" supplied antenna on my BC125AT. I have no PL / DPL enabled for this frequency. This morning something new appeared: strong comms (not distant) from a ski patrol. I'm assuming those are from one of the many local ski resorts within range... but have never heard this activity on 151.5650 before. I know it's ski patrol because it was multiple different patrollers describing their location(s)... "north slope"... "skier having difficulty"... etc. I checked the FCC ULS and there is a listing in PA for that freq issued to Kennywood Park. But that is more than 100 miles west of NEPA and well out of VHF range. There is a possibility this is VHF propagation ducting, but normally when that happens there are many other VHF stations to be heard, and that was NOT the case this morning.
So who / what has changed with the Wayne Medics Private Channel, and does the RR DB need updating? I have not heard what I believe to be Wayne Medics activity for a few weeks now.