Wayne New Jersey Fire Alert Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka2aradio

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the fire tone outs for Wayne, NJ? I know that they have separate tone outs for each of the five fire companies. Not sure if they have an all call tone out for the entire department. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to program that info into my Unication G5 pager. Thanks.

K2NEC

Not that I'm aware. Usually it's whatever companies, followed by the hi-lo tones.
Even Wayne FAS don't have all call tones.

MWW85

Premium Subscriber
Each of the 5 fire companies have a unique two tone pair. There is a separate two tone General alarm.

EMS runs different high low tones utilizing talk groups for paging.

ka2aradio

Premium Subscriber
Each of the 5 fire companies have a unique two tone pair. There is a separate two tone General alarm.

EMS runs different high low tones utilizing talk groups for paging.
Do you know what the two tone pair frequencies are for each company and the general alarm?

K2NEC

Do you know what the two tone pair frequencies are for each company and the general alarm?
Generally speaking, that's not public information. However, it's not too difficult to find them with some software.

ka2aradio

Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking, that's not public information. However, it's not too difficult to find them with some software.
I can decode them with my SDS100 but I thought that someone could save me some time.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
You've probably figured this out already, but the simplest way to get the tones with the SDS100 is to enable toneout search and record. The tones will show up on playback. It is especially easy if the toneout is on the municipal channel. It takes longer when all departments in a county are toned out on a single countywide channel and you have to wade through all of the toneouts for the entire county (as I have had to do). The Butel ARC software virtual control log can also be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.