wayne nj radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

pltk2

does anyone know what wayne twp is going to, i know they are going digital does anyone know what freqs or band they are going to.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Wayne PD is going to a Ma/Comm Apco 25 System like Fort Lee which Fort Lee has begun to put in service. They are staying UHF with the existing freqs as part of the trunk system. I believe someone posted a link to an FCC file update for Wayne not to long ago on here. They will have 4 sites as opposed to the 1 site they have now.

pltk2

wayne twp nj

thank you very much for your answer,is there a radio out on the market today that will do this system and anolog repeater systems like what pompton lakes and wanaque run

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Besides the police dept is public works and fire dept also going on this system ?
Pretty sure from what I have heard all agencies will use the system. I believe they intend to keep the existing UHF FD and EMS stuff for paging and firegrounds. It would be silly to just put up a trunk system for Police only in a place the size of Wayne.

SCPD

QRT
Wayne NJ Trunked System

I have done a little research using the FCC ULS System concerning Wayne Twp NJ New trunked system. Especially in the "Pending Applications" section. This is new information as of March 2010

If you take your time a carefully go through the data you will find the frequencies, control point(s) and some other "good" information about their future system. Make sure you "click" on the tabs MAIN, ADMIN,SERVICE SPECIFIC, LOCATIONS and FREQUENCIES for details.

Here are the links:

1. WQLM226 Trunked System License
  2. Temporary Authority Request They want to get this up and running quick! Read the section Attachments "STA Request"
  3. WQLQ579 Conventional System (Process of transition)
  4. WQLQ580 Conventional System (Process of transition)
I hope this information helps out. It yet has to be determined what the LCN order is going to be (if applicable) and / or the actual control channels etc. I believe though there is enough information here to begin a "basic" monitoring process to determine these factors.

Thanks for reading:D!

SCPD

QRT
Wayne Trunked System---> Soon!

The FCC has granted Wayne Township a "temporary authorization" to begin building their new trunked system using all their current UHF frequency allocations. See WQLM226

Earlier threads indicate this new system would be P25 Trunked so the next step is to see what "type" of trunked system it will be actually.

So any input on system build out, control channels. LCN (if applicable) would be appreciated.

Thanks

K2YYN

Status
Not open for further replies.