Wayne Trunked help?? question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarly

I programed my 996xt last night with the wayne system.....My question is when it is ID scaning I get the signal strength bars to show up??? and a click noise every couple of seconds??? It dosent stop on anything it just does this noise ???it dosent do this with my other systens ?? Did I do somthing wrong?? I looked at some other files posted and they look like the same way I did it??
IT works but I just wanted to know if this is correct....

chazcarly

I programed my 996xt last night with the wayne system.....My question is when it is ID scaning I get the signal strength bars to show up??? and a click noise every couple of seconds??? It dosent stop on anything it just does this noise ???it dosent do this with my other systens ?? Did I do somthing wrong?? I looked at some other files posted and they look like the same way I did it??
IT works but I just wanted to know if this is correct....

Anybody ??????

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep, I get signal bars on all my trunk systems that I'm in range of when listening to them. It's also normal to see them flicker for a second, as the scanner is acting like it wants to look for another site (but this system in question has only one).

W2SJW

Database Admin
Also, what exactly do you mean by 'signal bars'? There is the little section at the top of the screen that has the signal indicator. You could also have the unit in display mode #3, which is pretty annoying for trunked system monitoring...

chazcarly

Yep, I get signal bars on all my trunk systems that I'm in range of when listening to them. It's also normal to see them flicker for a second, as the scanner is acting like it wants to look for another site (but this system in question has only one).

I get all 5 Bars on my NJ State police Site that looks like it is flashing or blinking ...like a pulse.....but no sound or noise out of the speaker untill it locks in on a TG.
But with the my Wayne site I get 2 or 3 bars and a noise ?? tick ?? comming out of the speaker every second??? The noise is what I cant deal with??

Thanks

W2SJW

Database Admin
ZIP up your .996 file and attach to your next message here. I want to see what you have set up...

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Hey, when i had NYC DoITT system in my 996xt the signal bars came up too. I want to say that because the system sends out data to its subscribers as a typical system will try to affiliate to ensure there are no unauthorized subscribers on the system. The signal bars will appear because even though there is no audio, there is a carrier. I havent plugged Wayne in yet, it is on my list of things to do.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
OK, put WayneP25 in last night. No clicking, no noises. Some typical digital gargelling on PD, but nothin crazy. I get the signal bars when scanning the system, but verified my theory with NJSP, so that is normal and nothing to worry about there. Even the Bergen County system gives me bars, and most of that system is ENC.

Silly question. Do you hear the noises when the scanner is off?

chazcarly

OK, put WayneP25 in last night. No clicking, no noises. Some typical digital gargelling on PD, but nothin crazy. I get the signal bars when scanning the system, but verified my theory with NJSP, so that is normal and nothing to worry about there. Even the Bergen County system gives me bars, and most of that system is ENC.

Silly question. Do you hear the noises when the scanner is off?

No only when on and ID scan is going on...its like every 1 to 2 seconds there is a tick, with the vol. at 20.

I know that is very high but it does not do it on other trunked sites?? That is why I think I have somthing wrong.
Try turing up you Vol. to 20 and see if you hear it.
Thanks

PS are you using free scan??
Matt

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
No only when on and ID scan is going on...its like every 1 to 2 seconds there is a tick, with the vol. at 20.

I know that is very high but it does not do it on other trunked sites?? That is why I think I have somthing wrong.
Try turing up you Vol. to 20 and see if you hear it.
Thanks

PS are you using free scan??
Matt

I usually have it up, but am using the BC ESP now, so dont want to blow out my windows. You could have a bad speaker. OR..

1) are you using the BCRH-96 controller or just the base?
2) Is there anything neat the base? (A transmitter or your cell phone?)

chazcarly

Wayne NJ

I usually have it up, but am using the BC ESP now, so dont want to blow out my windows. You could have a bad speaker. OR..

1) are you using the BCRH-96 controller or just the base?
2) Is there anything neat the base? (A transmitter or your cell phone?)

The 996 is all by its self on my desk...... When it makes the tick noise the signal bars jump like it picked up somthing for a millie second.
I have a lot of TG's in that system. (whole town ).....it must be getting a hit from one of them.....I will try to disable some one by one and see if it goes away......
Also Is it normal for the P25 to be a little girgling in the begining??? or is there setting for that.
Thanks Guys

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
The 996 is all by its self on my desk...... When it makes the tick noise the signal bars jump like it picked up somthing for a millie second.
I have a lot of TG's in that system. (whole town ).....it must be getting a hit from one of them.....I will try to disable some one by one and see if it goes away......
Also Is it normal for the P25 to be a little girgling in the begining??? or is there setting for that.
Thanks Guys

I don't think that will fix it. I loaded the entire town using both FS and ARC. Listening to it now at lvl 25 and hear no clicking.

Good luck with it though, I am officialli out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.