We Need Updated and New Database Information for California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng74

There is no longer Kern 4C in the Kern County Fire it is White 3 154.2950. It is the same frequency just changed the name so it would be better for interop with others.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Yolo county tone-ours

pfish said:
Does anyone have any tone-out frequencies for Northern California? I have a small list for Yolo County. They'll be submitted for the info section on the City of Davis page soon.

I submitted the tone-outs for the City of Davis/UC Davis. They are now listed under the Codes & Maps section of the City of Davis system. I'll have some county stuff soon.

kma371

QRT
pfish said:
I submitted the tone-outs for the City of Davis/UC Davis. They are now listed under the Codes & Maps section of the City of Davis system. I'll have some county stuff soon.

Pfish,

How are you able to figure out the tones? I've tried with little success.

Would you be able to try and get sacramento counties as well?

pfish

Premium Subscriber
kma371 said:
Pfish,

How are you able to figure out the tones? I've tried with little success.

Would you be able to try and get sacramento counties as well?

I've tried with programs such as music tuners and they gave me information that was off pretty bad..

For Davis, I recorded the morning pager test and broke it into sections, I selected each part of the tone and used WavePad's "Frequency Analysis" feature and measured the peak.

I'll start with Sac County next, I'd like to get Yolo finished, but will take a while.

2wayfreq

Hi,
Riverside County Please. The Sheriff TGs are inaccurate and need to be updated. I would also like San Diego County if possible. Thanks

screxer

This concerns Monterey County. Recently added to the database are a few media freq's, one of which is 450.600 which is desribed as KCBA. This appears to be incorrect. I am listening to it right now and it is KION channel 46 and appears to be an engineering/broadcast freq. You can hear people informing others how long before a commercial break ends as well as talking to those taking part in the newscast. In addition to this, you can hear the audio broadcast of the news itself.

EDIT: Nevermind....just realized the database does indicate KION/KCBA. However, I can't verify the validity of it being used by KCBA, I can verify it is being used by KION

Last edited:

2wayfreq

Hi,
I would like Riverside County. The Sheriff TGs/Freqs need updating. I would like to have San diego county as well if possible. Thanks

kma371

QRT
pfish said:
I've tried with programs such as music tuners and they gave me information that was off pretty bad..

For Davis, I recorded the morning pager test and broke it into sections, I selected each part of the tone and used WavePad's "Frequency Analysis" feature and measured the peak.

I'll start with Sac County next, I'd like to get Yolo finished, but will take a while.

I've downloaded that program and see what I can come up with in the mean time.

SCPD

QRT
hotdjdave said:
Hi fellow Californians and others,

Who wants to be the representative for your county and/or surrounding counties? You can sign up in this thread to represent an area. You can pick more than one area and more than one person can cover the same area.

Listed below are all the counties in California. Pick the one(s) you would like to represent and post it/them here in this thread. Then we will know who will be covering what area.

What you will be doing is checking and verifying the information in the database for your area(s). Additionally, you can seek out new data to submit to this thread for further review and evaluation, before submitting it to the database.

Here are the counties, pick the one(s) you would like to cover and then post them here so we can begin making a list:

Alameda Alpine Amador Butte Calaveras Colusa Contra Costa Del Norte El Dorado Fresno Glenn Humboldt Imperial Inyo Kern Kings Lake Lassen Los Angeles Madera Marin Mariposa Mendocino Merced Modoc Mono Monterey Napa Nevada Orange Placer Plumas Riverside Sacramento San Benito San Bernardino San Diego San Francisco San Joaquin San Luis Obispo San Mateo Santa Barbara Santa Clara Santa Cruz Shasta Sierra Siskiyou Solano Sonoma Stanislaus Sutter Tehama Trinity Tulare Tuolumne Ventura Yolo Yuba

Thank you from the California Database Administrators.

Dave, I will sign up for Mono and Inyo Counties. It may be a couple months before I can do a comprehensive job of submitting information as my wife and I are taking advantage of the short summer in the high country by camping and backpacking almost every weekend and I work 10 hours per day during the week.

sac-emt

As far as I know the "Tones" that are normally used will not be utilized with the new system that SRFECC has in place.

There are a few stations in the south area of Sac County of Metro Fire's jurisdiction that have the usual tones, but when I monitor the VHF channels for the County and City Fire, I do not here the tones with the exception of the ones I mentioned earlier.

I could be wrong. I will ask some of the Tech's at the Comm Center to confirm that.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Please use this thread only to post Updated and New Database Information for California. If you have questions regarding any other topics, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thank you,

California Database Admins.

Last edited:

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Keep Thread on Topic

Again, please keep this thread on topic. This thread is to post information regarding the California database and for review and discussion of such information.

Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum if you want to discuss other topics.

Thread hijacking is not permitted.

Thank you,

California Database Administrators/Moderators

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
This is the last warning for this thread. Post off-topic material in this thread one more time and consider yourself on my sh**-list. You were warned TWICE already.

If you have a problem with this, this is not thread to debate it in either.

selgaran

In line with what this thread is for, here is a map of Yolo Co fire stations

Attachments

• map-yolo-fs.gif
    map-yolo-fs.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,488

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
City of Sacramento (California)

Under California, Sacramento County; there should be a selection for the City of Sacramento. Not everything has gone to the trunked system.

Here is what I know:

WNHX890: Sacramento City
Purpose unknown
Output Input (I believe this is a 2 channel trunked system)
859.4625 814.4625
860.4625 815.4625

(currently shown under Sacramento County)
KMF886: Sacramento City Fire:
153.8900 - Primary Dispatch

There are other freqs as well (not part of the above call sign); it will take me some time to get them together.

Thanks,
George

Last edited:

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Data Formatting to this Thread for "Power Users"

Just for reference, I thought I would post the information needed in a database submission. The data is in the order in which it is inputted into the database. You can use this as a reference when posting raw data to this thread.

Note: the lines in blue are the catagories for the main data to be submitted. Any missing data can be left blank; you can still submit your data to this thread if you don't have all the data required - every little bit helps, even it is just a frequency and you want others to check it out for further investigation.

Conventional

Output, Input, FCC Licence, Type*, Tone*, Channel Designation*, Description, Mode*

Codes to use in the Type Column:

Repeater
Base
Mobile
Fixed Station

Formats for using Tones (examples):

Standard PL Tone
156.7 PL

Standard Digital PL Tone
037 DPL

No Tone is:
CSQ

Examples of Channel Designation:

BLUE
A
PD1
SIMPLEX

Modes:

FM, APCO-25, AM, FMN, Telm​

Trunked System

System Info

Site Number, Site Name, Site Frequencies*

Examples of Site Frequencies:
856.2125 x
857.2125 x
858.2125 x
Where "x" is usage:
control channel
alt cntrl channel​
Site Info

Site County, FCC License, Modulation, Site Notes (Max 255 chars)

TGIDs

DEC, Analog/Digital, Display*, Description, Group

*Display is what is read on the actual radio display of the TRS, not your scanner (what the policeman, fireman, etc., sees).

Note: We do not need HEX for the TGIDs unless that is all you have.

NOTE: This is not necessarily the format to use when officially submitting the data to the RR Database; in fact, it is a little more advanced. Please read the Submission Guidelines Document (instructions) for proper data submission format to the RR Database. The above format is just a guide for this thread to help us see the pertinent information.

If this is too much info or too confusing, then use the standard submission format:

Convetional Example
155.6700 Buttville PD Ch-1 PD-1 PL 107.2
155.6100 Bootyville PD Ch-1 PD-1 PL 192.8
154.1950 Butzsmear Fire Ch-1 Fire-1 PL 192.8

Trunked (TRS) TGID Example
1808 FIRE CH-1 FIRE
1904 FIRE CH-2 FIRE
5204 POLICE CH-1 POLICE
5292 POLICE CH-2 POLICE

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
City of Roseville, California

Under California, Placer County; there should be a selection for the City of Roseville. Not everything has gone to the trunked system.

Here is what I know:

WNXW518: Roseville
Output Input
854.9875 809.9875

There are other freqs as well, some are currently listed on the Placer Co Page. It will take me some time to get together other freqs.

Thanks,
George

Status
Not open for further replies.