BC125AT: Weather Alert Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

smislt

I have my backlight set to go on Keypress+Squelch. When I go to Weather Alert Standby, the backlight stays on all the time. Since the squelch is not broken in that mode until a tone is received, I don't understand why the backlight stays on.

Celeritas670

Once the scanner is in the Alert Standby mode, you can toggle the backlight by tapping the power/light key. (Not sure if it makes a difference, but my normal backlight setting is 'Always on' and I use the toggle the same way.)

smislt

I turned it off as you said, but it keeps coming back on. Why is that?

Last edited:

Scan125

This is interesting to know for my Scan125 Control Program.

If you have Scan125 then I would be interested to know if the program's Backlight Control Slider gets out of sync when you turn Weather WX Alert On/Off via the program's WX Alert checkbox?

If this is a problem/feature on all BC125AT scanners then I guess I'll need some more details from my user's so I can update the program.

Could get complicated as we have Always Off, Squelch, Keypress, Key+Squelch and Always On to check as they may not all perform the same way with WX Alert?

smislt

Scan 125, interesting post. I'll be looking for a reply. Can anyone answer the following? I have a channel in bank one that I have set for priority. When in Weather Alert Standby, does the BC125AT also monitor the priority channel as well as the WX freq?

Scan125

Scan 125, interesting post. I'll be looking for a reply. Can anyone answer the following? I have a channel in bank one that I have set for priority. When in Weather Alert Standby, does the BC125AT also monitor the priority channel as well as the WX freq?

I'll have to pass on this question as I do not have a BC125AT and there is no WX Weather Alert on the UBC125XLT model.

However reading the BC125AT user manual seems to "suggests" it does BUT the wording used is typical scanner wording where determination of fact and clarity is not that easy. Testing would clarify the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.