• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Weather Alerts, T99, and Harris radios…

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
So I’ve read some posts in the M forum and I’m familiar with the theory behind using 1050Hz long tone to open a weather station broadcasting a warning message. I can’t find much info about this regarding Harris radios. Anyone have a link or any tips on getting this working? My radios have T99 as a feature and I can easily set up a tone decode, I’m more looking for info on setting them up from a system perspective. I think I can just input each frequency twice, one with T99 and one without. Then I can only scan the T99 channels and manually select the carrier squelch channels as needed. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

merlin

T99 works much like selcall or quick call. An option is to mute the radio unless specific tone(s) are received.
SYSTEMS - under T99 decode, pull down tone table and just select 1. Then tick T99 mute control.
Below, press T99 opt. in table one, set at least 1 box to 1050 Hz. default should be no PTT disable or auto reset.
Press OK and OK.
In sets, and conventional frequency sets, you should find your 'weather' and that panel should show only your weather channels.
Press signaling down to the right and tic T99 decode, then OK and OK.
That part is now added to your PRS file, Save and program the radio, and should be good to go.
Scanning the group will scan all the weather channels with scan enabled. It will hold on a strong signal.
You can press MON if you just want to hear the broadcast blather.
Weather service has upgraded their alert system IPAWS and works in conjunction with FEMA.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
T99 works much like selcall or quick call. An option is to mute the radio unless specific tone(s) are received.
SYSTEMS - under T99 decode, pull down tone table and just select 1. Then tick T99 mute control.
Below, press T99 opt. in table one, set at least 1 box to 1050 Hz. default should be no PTT disable or auto reset.
Press OK and OK.
In sets, and conventional frequency sets, you should find your 'weather' and that panel should show only your weather channels.
Press signaling down to the right and tic T99 decode, then OK and OK.
That part is now added to your PRS file, Save and program the radio, and should be good to go.
Scanning the group will scan all the weather channels with scan enabled. It will hold on a strong signal.
You can press MON if you just want to hear the broadcast blather.
Weather service has upgraded their alert system IPAWS and works in conjunction with FEMA.
Thanks Merlin! I’m gonna try this tonight.

-B

TDR-94

With XG-100P, keep in mind that if you select the T99 auto reset , it does not work. The auto reset will function fine on the P7100.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
With XG-100P, keep in mind that if you select the T99 auto reset , it does not work. The auto reset will function fine on the P7100.
I’ve never used this feature. I’m using this as a way to explore T99… I’ve just never really needed it so much of this is foreign to me. What is auto reset generally used for?

Thanks,
Brian

TDR-94

All the alert tones, on the XG-100P, are low in volume and "Fisher-Pricey" sounding, even when the radio volume is maxed out.

Wish they would have had the same "tonality" and independent volume level adjust, for the tones, like the later XG-75P.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I haven’t messed with this due to the holidays, but I’m hoping to try it out tomorrow. I’ve never heard the tones on the 100P!

-Brian