Weather Band Opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

Has anyone else been able to pick up 162.55, 162.45 I think these were from Lawton, and chickasha, and 162.475(dont know from where) For a breif minute.

Im in MWC and just happened to be in the mood to see what was going on.

Unless Norman Broadcast all the freqs, I though it was just 162.40

car2back

I've been getting skip all week on VHF... been listening to Latimer Co SO on 155.490 among other things (in Osage/Tulsa Co).

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Skip

Yeah I picked up Harper County (either SO or EM) announcing some weather stuff yesterday on .490 yesterday on my truck's mobile while driving around Edmond yesterday.

I remember when I was growing up in Stroud, listening to Sherman, TX PD on 155.010 when the weather was good.

I pick up some north Texas county fd's on 154.325 (Yukon Fire) now when the weather is right.

mfolta1

yea, i was getting kansas city mo and several more MO. stations as well as kansas here in south tulsa. The voices sound the same but the cities tell us its a band opening, or skip, or whatever.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
There were some excellent openings this past week, and one or two days they went clear up to UHF. A couple of Bethany officers kept hearing another PD on their frequency (460.450), and when I turned off the PL squelch I could hear them while mobile, with a strong, clear signal.

I never did ID who the other department was, I didn't have a lot of time to listen. I vaguely remember there being a department up near Tulsa on that frequency, but that was many years ago...

And I never did get on the radios at home to see what I could do... Of course, I usually noticed the openings when I was at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.