Weather Monitoring Southeast KS on KSICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

KSICS - Labette County EOC was a wealth of information during the storms this evening. When it comes to following severe weather there is nothing better than a scanner radio. They had mobile spotters under storms headed my direction. Great to know they are out there.

rankin39

On the KS side of the border the KS National Guard net on KSICS has been very good about carrying all the warnings statewide. Additional good information and 2-way chat on KHP Event-2, KSICS, from the Topeka National Weather Service as well as MERS from NWS Pleasant HIll, MO on 154.13. It's been an eventful Spring. Let's hope not too many more "events".

Bob, WoNXN

frazpo

Bob,
Other than the talkgroups associated with the site I monitor what statewide TG's should I program in on KSICS?? The statewide TG's can be active and heard if used during events such as last nite? Am I correct?

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
On the KS side of the border the KS National Guard net on KSICS has been very good about carrying all the warnings statewide. Additional good information and 2-way chat on KHP Event-2, KSICS, from the Topeka National Weather Service as well as MERS from NWS Pleasant HIll, MO on 154.13. It's been an eventful Spring. Let's hope not too many more "events".

Bob, WoNXN

How's come i never hear two way traffic on that KS National Guard channel? i only hear weather info. i was thinking i would actually hear operations going on or something.

rankin39

Topeka Weather is on: TG 1232, KHP-B Event2 Highway Patrol Troop B -- Special Events 2 -- Topeka NWS severe weather reports Law Tac

The Kansas Natl. Guard is TG 1294 with weather reports and warnings. This TG also carries occasional roll calls and check ins. Net control is OZ three zero.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.