Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannard2

My whistler 1040 has weather priority that scans the selected noaa freq ever 2-3 seconds. When it does this it make the emergency calls choppy or cut off when it tries to scan. Any way around this?

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
@Whackyracer is correct... any priority check will interrupt an ongoing audio transmission, thus making it sound "choppy." The transmission also may not resume at all if it ends during a priority check.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
That doesn't solve the OP's "problem"...

He wants to know what makes the audio "choppy".
You took what I said out of context...as already pointed out priority interrupts/chops off the transmissions of non priority frequency transmissions as it checks the "priority" channel. So your choices are turn off priority and or only "listen to weather when you press the WX button" you can't monitor both and not have choppy audio unless you buy a second scanner.

DJ11DLN

You took what I said out of context...as already pointed out priority interrupts/chops off the transmissions of non priority frequency transmissions as it checks the "priority" channel. So your choices are turn off priority and or only "listen to weather when you press the WX button" you can't monitor both and not have choppy audio unless you buy a second scanner.
Or a stand-alone weather radio. That's what I do; my scanners have better things to do than listen to the local NOAA tower for alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.