Web Fee Live Audio Offline Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

custampin

I listen only via this website and via an iTouch app called 5-0 Radio Pro. Can someone tell me why Prince William County East/West and PWC East is offline? They've been offline for about 24 hours or so.

How does the web feed work? If the web feed goes offline, how does it get fixed?

Thanks

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
They are just feeds that members such as us provide by using a scanner and personal computer from their home or other location. You can read more @ Become a Feed Provider - The RadioReference Wiki

I notice Prince William is back on line now. I am not sure of RR's policy for "allowable" downtime for a feed provider. Maybe it was for computer maintenance, or the computer was kicked off the internet and the member was unaware or not around the computer to correct it.

Todd

custampin

Another Couple of Quick Questions

Do certain feeds go down more often than others? Both PWC feeds have been online and offline for the past week.

Is there usually only one person who supplies each feed?

Do the departments block their feeds or change them so that people can't listen?

Again, I only listen via this site and via the 5.0 Radio ipod app. I'm not a radio-savvy person. Just a listener.

Status
Not open for further replies.