Web server error status code 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodian

Feed Provider
On my web server page, when i click on the play button, i get a HTTP Status code:200 in red, right underneath the play/pause button, and get no audio. i've tried this on safari, firefox, and chrome, on several different devices. I do have all the metadata displaying, everything seems like it should be working. also have verified that the proper input sound device is selected. anyone have any ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On my web server page, when i click on the play button, i get a HTTP Status code:200 in red, right underneath the play/pause button, and get no audio. i've tried this on safari, firefox, and chrome, on several different devices. I do have all the metadata displaying, everything seems like it should be working. also have verified that the proper input sound device is selected. anyone have any ideas?
I haven't seen that before. Try to use the 'Listen Live' link. That will load an external player. The external player has to be associated with '.m3u' playlist mp3 files.
Can you share the link?

goodian

Feed Provider
I haven't seen that before. Try to use the 'Listen Live' link. That will load an external player. The external player has to be associated with '.m3u' playlist mp3 files.
Can you share the link?

If i click on the "Listen Live" link, it just refreshes the page. It does say "Uses the media player associated with .m3u playlist" for what it's worth. All of the metadata is actively showing, but still getting the "HTTP Status Code:200" under the play button.
Don't really feel comfortable sharing the link on here, its currently my WAN IP

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
HTTP 200 = OK

Your problem is elsewhere.

Also, if you're running a server facing the internet, bots and things will find it automatically, eventually. Sooner rather than later. You stating that you don't "feel comfortable" sharing the link tells me that you are likely relying on security through obscurity. That won't work. At least make sure the machine is isolated / DMZ'd from the rest of your network so everything on your network doesn't get pwned.

goodian

Feed Provider
HTTP 200 = OK

Your problem is elsewhere.

Also, if you're running a server facing the internet, bots and things will find it automatically, eventually. Sooner rather than later. You stating that you don't "feel comfortable" sharing the link tells me that you are likely relying on security through obscurity. That won't work. At least make sure the machine is isolated / DMZ'd from the rest of your network so everything on your network doesn't get pwned.

I host two audio feeds through broadcastify, the web server part of it is just for testing purposes, and is only up for minutes at a time while I'm testing it out. Eventually i may get it a dedicated IP and embed it on my website.

goodian

Feed Provider
i would however like to know why if HTTP status code:200 = OK, i don't have any audio coming from the web server feed. Again, all audio parameters have been double checked.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
i would however like to know why if HTTP status code:200 = OK, i don't have any audio coming from the web server feed. Again, all audio parameters have been double checked.
What type of scanner?
Clicking the 'Listen Live' link shouldn't refresh the web page. Try right clicking the link then depending on the browser, you should have an option such as 'Copy link address' When I do it, I see 'https://proscan.ddns.net:5003/stream.m3u'
Try pasting the URL in a audio player and see if it plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.