Webb County SO Going digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Is this a stand-alone system, or is Webb County part of a much larger P25 trunking network?

73s

Ron
Ron,
I am not sure, but I pretty confident they are moving on to GATRRS, which at this point I would argue is very mis-named.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Well, the Middle Rio Grande TRS still uses the GATRRS master switch doesn't it? Same SysID and WACN as far as anyone is concerned.

I too think it is misnamed, but obviously the two systems share components (or more correctly, GATRRS is allowing MRG to use its infrastructure to connect the MRG sites to themselves, as well as the GATRRS sites). I preferred it how it was in the past (where both TRS names were listed and separated with a " / ").

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
... on the GATRRS switch.

My point exactly...

This has been discussed here in the past. The only reason we continue to keep these on one page is because it is on the GATRRS switch, and therefore is also the same SysID and WACN. I was commenting that I'd still like to see "Middle Rio Grande P25" (or something similar) mentioned in the database page title.

That being said, we can probably organize the database page so it better reflects that layer. Now we just kind of make a transition in talkgroup sections from the northerly end of GATRRS (Wllmsn County) to Carrizo Springs (the northerly end of MRG, in Dimmit County). There might be a way to better divide/split that layer off within the page itself to show who's popping up on MRG sites.

I still contend the name of the database page though should show something about the MRG TRS.

all i know is that i monitor the middle rio grande talk system on my pro 106 and sometime i do get some type of law enforcement agency but i can never find out wat agency it is. Today there was a lot more traffic on the sheriff SO digital site.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
troubadour,

When hearing the law enforcement talkgroups, what is the ID (the talkgroup ID)? Are they not identified in our database? What site? The best way to identify them is with the addresses the LEOs are dispatched to.

We know we're missing info from that system but we don't have too may active members from that area, so you're pretty one of the few who listen and post regularly. We'll try to offer any help we can.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Well, the Middle Rio Grande TRS still uses the GATRRS master switch doesn't it? Same SysID and WACN as far as anyone is concerned.

I too think it is misnamed, but obviously the two systems share components (or more correctly, GATRRS is allowing MRG to use its infrastructure to connect the MRG sites to themselves, as well as the GATRRS sites). I preferred it how it was in the past (where both TRS names were listed and separated with a " / ").

The problem with using the '/' is that at some point it becomes rediculously long;

Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System/Middle Rio Grande P25/Lower Rio Grande Valley P25/xpalladoshus

It's already pretty long as is. GATRRS is currently the offical system name and they are sharing their controller with MRG and I thought that was the plan for LRGV. It would be nice if they "offically" named it something that refelected its wider area usage.

Russell

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I agree with the length, it could get prohibitively long...

I think the title can better reflect the TRS (even though it looks like it's 2 TRSs), but a consensus might have to be reached on an appropriate title. Even if we don't rename it we should adjust the DB page to better reflect the different areas it serves. At the very least, a note explaining the reasoning behind the logic. As it appears from an end user standpoint there is no MRG in our database (besides the 3 tgrps in the database that belong to an MRG subcat).

From what it looks like the LRGV P25 TRS isn't using the state switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.