Weber/Morgan County Fire TG changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

scat

The past couple of weeks Weber Fire Dispatch has been useing OPS2 (TG7712) and OPS3 (TG7744). All City, Weber and Morgan county Fire/EMS Departments are being assigned to an OPS TG to respond on now. Very little Traffic now on Fire 2 & 3.

Scot

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I appears since they have put the robotic voice on Fire 1 (tg 5600) as the dispatch entity - all voice communications on this channel have ground to a halt. The dispatched units are sent an ops channel to tune into when they computer robotic voice sends their call - then the dispatcher comes on the ops channel they have been assigned to to clarify info or to repeat the actual dispatch message.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
There was a big article in the Ogden Standard Examiner claiming it saves time. I believe it's just another way for our local government to spend tax dollars and make it more difficult for us enthusiasts to follow...LOL

When you guys get together consider including me.....(Shameless plug for inviting myself)....LOL

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
One more thing I forgot to mention is they have also added a "zulu" response code - unknown what they actually mean.

It appears they have restructured the response codes "alpha" and "bravo". All calls seem to go "hot"
now even when they are responding to alpha and bravo calls. It used to be alpha was not hot and bravo
was hot only for the ambulance and possibly first responder units (ALS & BLS).

Fire dispatch in this area always dispatches for medical an engine, a first responder unit and an ambulance. Unknown why! If it's a fire there is different protocols for the type of fire (structure, grass, industrial, etc.). A house fire always gets one battalion and at least one other station including medical units (ambulance and first responder) along with a ladder truck.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected - Weber Fire 1 (tg 5600) is carrying voice traffic and Weber Dispatch is still answering calls on this tg!

kf7yn

Or maybe it's cutting dispatcher jobs, or perhaps making better use of the existing number of dispatchers. Who knows.

Anyway, yes of course we would be happy to include you and anyone else who wants to have a discussion. We haven't had any kind of meeting as a group for some time now.

There was a big article in the Ogden Standard Examiner claiming it saves time. I believe it's just another way for our local government to spend tax dollars and make it more difficult for us enthusiasts to follow...LOL

When you guys get together consider including me.....(Shameless plug for inviting myself)....LOL

scat

Also when the new dispatch system started the page out calls over 154.160 went away. Now on that channel all you hear is digital sounds.
With the uses of the OPS channels, Fire 2 & 3 (TG5632 & 5664) has gone away.
I'm not sure what the Zulu response is yet.
Jon It would be great to get together soon.

Scot

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring 154.160 with a Pro-41 and outdoor antenna for any signs of life here in Ogden for over a week with no signs of life at all.

Scot, thank you for bringing it up here in the group - I haven't successfully mastered the whole "digital" thing but have two new Pro-197's from xmas which should get me up to speed I hope.

So just to confirm it appears the analog side of 154.160 here in Weber and probably Morgan is history.
I can also verify there has been no activity on Weber Fire 2 or Weber Fire 3 tg's (5632 & 5664) recently either. I have been actively scanning again since Labor Day this year and have never heard voice traffic on 5632 but have seen some voice on 5664 since then. Mainly Weber Fire is paged on 5600 and then immediately moved to one of the ops tg's. No voice activity of any kind noted on 5632 & 5664 since the robot took over.

It also seems tg 7680 Weber Ops 1 has no voice traffic on it at all - dispatch always sends the first medical units out on Ops 2 (7712). Sometimes they will use Ops 3 but I have never heard enough traffic to get to Ops 4 even during the big windstorm we had here last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.